CHAPTER 20

I sat alone in the room with a few minutes to spare before I had to go down and announce our ties with the Montanari's as much as this information relieves me still hesitant about everything changing so fast even though we've all heard that change is good but what if it turns out to be something horrid that I might end up regretting all my life.

These thoughts whirled inside my head descending the stairs I saw huge crowd solely focusing on me while I searched for those pitch-black eyes that brings out a huge uproar of emotions inside my body.

Once I reached down a hand came in my view "Looking for me Lil-uh love" placing my hands onto me he twirled me around "Heyy" giving him a cheeky smile we walked towards the gathering his hands holding my waist securely saves me from tripping on the floor because of the lounge slip on dress I'm wearing today "You look beautiful" whispering near my ears he then nuzzled his face in my nape taking in my scent ,"You smell like lilies" his breath fanning over my skin "We have people watching us Luciano" giving him a nudge I tried pushing him off noticing the amount of attention we've drawn "I'm merely marking my territory."

I felt his teeth sink in my nape nibbling my sweet spot as I let out a small groan "Not now please" tugging on his shoulders I try to stop him before it leaves a mark prominent to the watchful eyes, I felt him move away intently watching my lips then moving on to my eyes with his filled with raw lust fortunately we were interrupted by a man who looked in his late forties, his jaw chiseled that could possibly cut something in half and eyes holding the same darkness as of Luciano's it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's his father.

Luciano is a spitting image of his father and I'm sure he have heard it bazillion of times they both share the sharp features surpassing his father in height with an inch or two though while the eyes hold the same darkness when I first met him unlike his father he tends to soften his eyes when I caught him watching me up close but his father has this thick piercing stare that would make any man feel crippled but I refuse to feel in such a way.

My height isn't really much of a help as I try to match their confidence with a height of 5'4 "Alessia, it's soo nice to finally see you after such a long time" Davide said with an eerie smile on his face shaking his hands I asked "We've met before" I looked at Luciano as I felt his hold tighten around my waist "Ah yes you were one curious lad" said in a light chuckle "I'm glad that Luciano found someone like you. He's always been closed off ever since Amelia died" it's the first time someone mentioned his mother.

Apparently Luciano seemed so close off that I never dared to approach him with such a sensitive topic looking at him I saw a flicker of emotions in his eyes which he soon masked it away.
I made a promise to myself that I'd try to know him in ways I've never before that we'll have a heart to heart talk for once.

The hall went silent with my father standing infront of the podium when he began speaking "I'm sure many of you aren't aware for the reason of this gathering but you must have acknowledged the rumors spreading around about my family ties with the Pazzi's deepening on another level. I would like to put a halt to those baseless rumors and instead share with you all the glad tidings coming my way" motioning his hands pointing towards where Luciano and I stood with now a spotlight above our head "Medici's and Montanari's are going to leave behind old grudges and misunderstandings moving ahead to a fresh start. My daughter, Alessia Medici is going to be engaged to the younger heir of the Monatanari firm, Luciano Montanari. I hope you all wish well to the new couple and shower them your blessings" Luciano's hand pressing to my back moving forward to the stage our families waiting for us with bright smiles on their faces.

At that moment when I locked my gaze everything around me cease to be visible, my eyes solely fixated to that charismatic charm that have always drawn me towards him slowly caressing my hand with his thumb whispers lowly "I really wanted this to be intimate" before I could comprehend he comes closer inches apart from my face "I've loved you desperately and waited for you longer than one could imagine. I've been dreaming of this day ever since I got a hold of those beautiful eyes when you looked at me with those curious little eyes which immediately grows wide on teasing you, how your cheeks flush to the darkest shade of red when I catch you off guard. I remember the day I first saw you that is soo deeply carved inside my brain, the day I decided I want to be yours as much I want you to be mine,so will you be mine?",

I didn't know what to say being soo overwhelmed with what he said bobbing my head as the tears escaped my eyes leaving no room for me to say anything as he take my hands in his sliding the ring to my finger "Life before you was good but life with you is just better in every possible way, every ounce of happiness is intensified the day you barged yourself in my life. I wanted you before I want you now and I want you in every step of my coming life. I'm a person with many shortcomings and I hope you bear with me while we support each other pushing our way through" bringing my hands to his face as he kissed the back of my hand "Be mine, will you?"

I realized I said half of the things I actually felt for him but I've got all the time in the world with the man standing infront of me looking at him I was reminded that this is exactly what the little girl in me wished for, a loving partner and the well being of her family giving me an assuring nod his smile so subtle that it barely reaches his eyes Piero hands me over the ring as I slide on the ring to his finger and just this way we seal the engagement with a passionate kiss cheers and a burst of confetti covers the air.

The news obviously took people off guard since they were anticipating things with the Pazzi's we had to confirm the engagement infront of the media. They also wished for a couple of pictures for the newspapers outlet which was tiring as it is I had Luciano continously grumbling near my ears how he wishes to sweep me away from the crowd back to the farmhouse considering Luciano never really showed his face it was a golden opportunity to get as many clicks as possible.

Few female camera crew were swooning over him which obviously wanted me to get him out of their immediately but well duty calls. Once we reached back inside we had to attend the guests talking to them and brief them about our first meeting everytime fortunately we synchronized the story well excluding the involvement of the Pazzi's.

After an hour of hustle I finally got to meet my best friends Ron and Lola make their way through the crowd "I'm soo happpy for youuuu!" Lola crushed me into a hug "I'm so glad things took a major turnover" sighing out loud "Yess it was exhausting but worth it" "I know right I bet the Pazzi's are crying in some corner to the blow of rejection"she said laughing out loud "Don't know, don't care but hey you didn't ask me how things took such a drastic change that's soo not you" eying her up and down I asked "I uh actually had a talk with Piero while you were busy" my mouth forming an O "Congratulations" I heard Ron say midway "Fuck the fake wishes" Luciano growled behind my back his arm still looped with mine "Thanks Ron" ignoring his comment I retrieve a smile to my face "This is a little something" he pushes forward a box wrapped with a green paper and black laced flower pasted on it
"I appreciate it"
"I sure as hell don't" tugging on his hand I pull away taking his gift. Ron and Luciano will surely have lots of differences since things between them didn't start of well but I hope it ends well.

A grinning Enzo walked to Luciano's side "Isn't it wrong for you to be engaged before me little brother" "I ain't holding no bitches coming your way" Luciano remarks "I think maybe the problem lies" moving his finger around then points it on him "Here" passing along his side he now stands infront of me "You could've chosen better. Let me tell you" moving an inch closer while Luciano intently looking at his actions "Me" he said in an hushed tone erupting a laughter from me "I chose the best one unless Luciano one day proves me wrong" wiggling my brows I tease making Enzo laugh "Oh I'll wait for your fall then" patting his back Enzo leaves for the bar.

"Don't tease me Al because when I do you won't handle it well. Think of any other men I'll shoot his brains out so don't make me want to plot murder of my own brother" his lips brushing near my ears sending shivers down my body and I never thought such words would kindle a sexual flush though my entire body but the warmth I feel says otherwise.