CHAPTER 4

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I knew it was none other than him I didn't need to turn around to see who it was "Brother" he said and seated himself beside me now all I wanted was to get away from his hold but I knew what I have to be dealing with when I booked the flights for Italy.

It wasn't a lie when I told Lola that I missed home but it was neither the truth too, the house is no longer a home without her and will never be. "I do know the two of you" Enzo said extending his hand towards Alessia and shook her hands "Alessia Medici, Lauren's daughter. I've known your mother very closely if I must say" She seemed confused with the information Enzo just dropped on her, a bombshell that he couldn't wait to drop on her, the very asshole that he will always remain then he extends his hands towards Lola "And you are Lola Rusellai, I've heard about your family's wool merchandise its fabulous" and shook her hands. "I see that you've met my caro fratello (dear brother), I'm surprised to see he made friends already much to his introverted personality" he said and all I wanted was to punch him in the face for the shit talk that he's going to continue, had it not been Alessia's presence here I would've done it the moment he shook hands with her but its too early for this part of me to be shown to her and he knows it very well.

I could see Alessia zoning out every here and then between the conversation ofcourse there's absolutely nothing interesting in his talks but I observed her eyes lighten up everytime I was mentioned although I'm not the type to pin on false hopes but she makes me do and think unimaginable things.
I still remember the day she bumped into me in the hallway how she quickly apologized and went on her way unaware of her surroundings, the second time was when I nearly crashed into her with my bike was when I finally saw those big blue eyes almost the same as her. I'm not really big of a fan of the ocean but those eyes that holds the ocean in it makes me want to dive into it knowing that I'd end up drowning in it.

The bell for the recess rang indicating the end of both my brother shit talk and recess, I saw her quickly stand up followed by her friend and bid her goodbye and walked away. "I smell burn" he said "And I smell blood, meet me at the house" I said poking his nose and went after Alessia. Much to her disappointment Alessia and Lola shared different classes which gave me the opportunity to sit beside her and at once I picked my pace and walked up to her sitting beside her.

The day went by with Alessia focusing what our literature teacher had to say while I focused on her. The school soon ended after a few lectures in which Lola took my place and I had to share classes with one of her other friend Ron, he's a dickhead yet I wonder what trait of his makes him Alessia's dearest friend. Enzo and I walked together preparing ourselves for what has been kept for us at home, my eyes landed onto her figure making me halt in my steps there she was standing carefree under the tree "She won't fit in the mess. Our world swallows people just like her" Enzo said interrupting my thoughts I simply nodded to him because as much as I love to go against everything that he has to say he was fucking right and no matter how hard I work for things to be right it will never be.

We reached the house and stepped out of our car walking straight to father's meeting room, today was going to be difficult for Montanari's but we've been taught to die trying rather than to live with regret "I fucking asked you guys to keep a check on them, have I been paying you guys for you to act soo casually!!" I heard my father yell as we reached near the room, Enzo and I exchanged glances and then walked inside at once not failing to notice the men on their knees for mercy "Dad you called us?" Enzo said making him turn around "Yes I just need to finish with this first" he pointed with the gun in his hand to the men on their knees "You think I'm a fool to not notice the confidential papers disappearing from my office and handing them to my opponents" and with that he shot one of the men in his head "Carry on with what you've been told and remember the consequences of failing to do so" the guy went out with his feet shaking.

I had to call someone to clean it up at once since I'm in no mood to inhale in such foul smell. Dad had made us learn to kill birds at a very young age in the name of trying to protect us and it soon escalated from birds to people. We've killed people in the name of trying to protect ourselves so it doesn't tarnish the name of Montanari's. "I need you both to look into the Céline's murder case and kill any witnesses we cannot afford to loose this case at any cost" he said that's what he says about every case taken up by him as long as he makes money out of it, Davide Montanari doesn't care about being wrong morally as he likes to say and call himself "I AM THE LAW", the world that my father has built for us is something that my brother and I cannot possibly run away from since we're very much deep rooted in it just the same way as him.

AUTHORS NOTE: I HOPE YOU GUYS LOVE THE STORY AND FIND IT INTERESTING. PLEASE DO TELL ME IF YOU FIND THE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ANY OF THE CHARACTERS MORE DEEPLY THOUGH I'M STILL WORKING ON THAT SO EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER SHOWS THE DEVELOPMENT THROUGHOUT THE STORY. THNK YOU FOR READING ❤