Chapter 19: Celebration

The gang is having a celebration party with the lemurs, including King Julian, Maurice, Mort, and the penguins. Mariah and Katie are wearing their swimsuits from earlier.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Katie whispered to Mariah.

"I'm sure." Mariah replied.

"Close those eyes!" Skipper said to Alex.

"Why do I have to close my eyes?" Alex asked.

"Do it!" Skipper said as he commanded.

"They're closed." Alex said as he closed his eyes.

"Tighter!" Skipper said.

"Yes, sir." Alex said as he tightly shuts his eyes but takes a peak.

"No peeking!" Skipper said.

"All right, they're closed." Alex said as she closed his eyes again.

"Rico." Skipper said.

Rico chopped up a big fish to make some sushi. He throws one to Skipper.

"Open that hatch." Skipper said.

Alex opens his mouth wide.

"Fire in the hole!" Skipper said as he put the sushi in his mouth.

"Now chew!" Skipper said and closed his mouth.

"Chew like you mean it. Savor it!" Skipper said.

Alex smiles as he chews the sushi.

"And?" Marty asked.

"Well?" Katie asked.

"How is it?" Mariah asked.

"Pretty good, right?" Melman asked.

"There's always plan B." Brandon said.

"This is better than steak. I love it! I love it!" Alex said happily.

"The kitty loves the fishy." Skipper said, and the penguins high finned themselves.

The lemurs cheered.

"May I propose a toast?" Marty asked, and the lemurs listened.

"Now he may be a pain in the butt at times, and trust me, I know." Marty said as he showed his bandaged butt.

"I'm sure that it was an accident." Mariah said.

"But we do forgive him." Katie said

"But this cat proved to me without a doubt, That he's heart is bigger than his stomach! To Alex!" Marty shouted.

"To Alex!" Everybody said.

They all drink their water and spit it out.

"Enough! Stupid!" King Julian said to Maurice.

King Julian quickly drank some water and did his last spit to Maurice.

"Well, what do you guys think? Should we head back to New York?" Marty asked the gang.

"I don't know, Marty. I mean, this is your dream. Are you sure you wanna leave?" Alex asked.

"I don't care where we are. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter to me." Marty replied.

"Well, in that case. Yo, Rico! I'll take three hundred orders! To go!" Alex said to Rico.

"Yes, yes. But before you leave, I have an announcement to make. So shut up everyone, please. Thank you." King Julian said, and lemurs went quiet to listen.

King Julian gives his coconut cup to Maurice, and he begins his speech to the gang.

"After much deep and profound brain things inside my head, I have decided to thank you for bringing peace to our home. And to make you feel good, I'm gonna give you this lovely parting gift." King Julian said as his crown and hands it to Alex.

"No, I couldn't. Really, I can't take your crown." Alex said.

"That's okay, I've got a bigger crown. It's got a gecko on it." King Julian said as he wears a new crown with a gecko.

"Look at him shake! Go, Stevie, go!" King Julian said happily as the gecko dances and moves.

The lemurs cheered again. Alex looks at Mariah, and he smiles while the others are distracted