Chapter 8: San Diego

Later that day, it was now nighttime, and Alex was sleeping in his crate until he then felt the crate moved, and he rolled out of it and into the sand. Alex landed on his face, h got up and spits the sand out of his mouth, and held his tongue. He looks around where he is.

"Marty? Melman? Gloria?" Alex asked and gets shocked that no one was there.

Suddenly, there was a crate that it was pushed by the ocean waves. Alex looked over to see that it's was Mariah's crate.

"Mariah!" Alex shouted.

"Alex! Help me to get me out!" Mariah shouted.

Alex finally breaks the crate to get Mariah out. Mariah comes out of the crate and hugs Alex.

"Alex." Mariah said.

Alex was shocked and hugged back.

"Are you okay?" Mariah asked.

"Yeah. And you?" Alex asked.

"Yes. Where are the others?" Mariah asked.

"I don't know. I just got here from a few minutes ago." Alex answered.

"It's getting pretty late. We can just sleep right now. First thing in the morning, let's go find them." Mariah said.

"Okay." Alex said.

Both Alex and Mariah slept in the sand. Alex tries to get near Mariah.

"So, uh, Mariah. How about you and me sleep together? Just in case if you get scared..." Alex tries to flirt to Mariah.

"No, I'll be good. You have your space, and I'll have mine." Mariah said, interrupted.

Alex felt devastated again. Alex and Mariah slept from a foot away from each other through the night. The next morning, Alex and Mariah were still sleeping until there was a voice screaming from a far distance that woke Mariah up.

"What's that?" Mariah asked.

Mariah looked around to see a tall box moving with a voice that sounds like Melman.

"Alex! I found Melman!" Mariah shouted, waking Alex up.

Alex woke up to see Melman's box, too.

"Hey! Help! Get me out of this thing, somebody! Hello?"Melman shouted for help.

Alex and Mariah get up and run towards Melman to get closer.

"Get me out of this thing right now! Hello? Somebody?" Melman asked.

"Melman!" Alex and Mariah shouted.

"Alex? Mariah? Is that you?" Melman asked.

"Melman, hold still!" Mariah shouted.

"Melman, I got you! Hang on, hang on, I got you." Alex said as he tried to stop him while Melman kept on moving around.

Melman falls on top of Alex, and Alex gets out.

"Melman! I got you, buddy!" Alex said as he opened the crate from the top.

Alex tried to pull Melman out but failed.

"How are we gonna get him out?" Mariah asked.

"Wait a second. Wait, right there. Aha!" Alex said and got a big tall tree trunk.

"Alex, what are you doing?" Melman asked while laying down.

"I'm getting you out of the box!" Alex shouted.

Alex runs to the bottom and stays in position.

"Relax." Alex said.

"Alex?" Melman asked and gasps.