Chapter 14: Welcome to Madagascar

ANTARCTICA

The penguins have arrived in Antarctica. It was really cold and windy.

"Well, this sucks." Private said.

It was now morning time and Alex could hear someone walking his name.

"Wake up, Mr. Alex. Wake up, Mr. Alex. Rise and shining. Wakey, wakey Mr. Alex! Wake up, Alex!" King Julian shouted.

Alex wakes up with his thumb in his mouth.

"You suck your thumb?" King Julian asked.

Alex screams. They all wake up, screaming. They saw all the lemurs around them.

"What the heck is going on? What is this?" Alex asked.

"Don't be alarm, giant freaks. While you were asleep, we simply took you to our little corner of heaven. Welcome to Madagascar!" King Julian said.

"Mada-who-ah?" Marty asked.

Alex turns Marty's head in his direction.

"What?" Brandon asked.

"No, not who-ah...ascar." King Julian said.

"Marty. It's..." Alex tried to speak.

"It's just like my mural, back at the zoo." Marty said.

"Oh, no fellow. That is the real deal right there." Gloria said.

"You said it." Brandon said.

"Look at that. It's not a bad view." King Julian said.

" I mean, that's the thing that you were always looking at, but it's actually there. What's like the real version of..." Alex said but interrupted by Marty.

"How about once around the park? Let's get our blood pumping, get those lungs breathing at all this fresh air, who's with me?" Marty asked.

"Come on, let's race down there." Brandon said.

"Ah, no. I really I don't think I can. You're it! Ready, set, go!" Alex shouted as he touched Marty and ran.

"Hey, cheater!" Brandon shouted.

"Hey! Wanna play around? Got you there!" Marty shouted.

Marty, Alex, and Brandon were playing together.

"Take this!" Brandon shouted and rides on Marty, but Marty throws him off of him.

"Hey, stop that! Hey, you're crazy!" Marty shouted while playing.

"Okay, guys, I'm it. I'm it! I'm it. You two win." Alex said as he was exhausted and decided to stop running.

"Come on, Alex. Get in the groove." Marty said.

"Hey, you alright?" Brandon asked.

"I haven't eaten in two days. My blood sugar is really low. I just don't have the energy." Alex said.

"I don't think that's your problem. First of all, that's not how you run in the wild." Marty said.

Marty pushes Alex to the ground.

"Let's go, man! Put your rubber to the road! You just have to let up that inner lion! Now, who's the cat?" Marty asked.

"Marty, I really don't..." Alex said but interrupted by Marty.

"You are! That's who! Come on, here we go!" Mary said as he kicked Alex to run.

"I'll meet you guys later!" Brandon shouted, leaving to go to the others.

"That's it. Now let's build up some steam!" Marty shouted while running.

"You're the cat." Marty said as he ran faster to get in front of him away.

"Who's the cat? Who's the cat? Who's the cat? Who's the cat? Who's the cat?" Alex asked himself.

As Marty runs faster, Alex's eyes go big.

"I'm the cat!" Alex shouted.

Alex runs faster up to Marty, passes him, and stops.

"Surprise!" Alex shouted.

Marty yelled, and they both hit right each other. They wrestle down to the ground until they stopped.

"You're it! You're it! Can't juke the cat. Cat's too quick. I feel like a mile high pastrami on rye, on the fly from the deli in the sky! Let's go wild." Alex said.

Alex fell down to the ground and got up rapidly.

"Now you're talking." Marty said.

They were having the time of their life together as they swung on a vine.

"Man, I feel.. hehehe... different!" Alex shouted happily.

Alex holds Marty in a head lock and messes his hair.

"Marty, Marty, Marty!" Gloria shouted.

"This is really fun." Katie said.

Gloria, Mariah, and Katie were getting a pedicure by lemurs, and Mariah and Katie were in their swimsuits.

"I guess you were right." Mariah said.

"Like you said, baby." Gloria said.

"Crackalackin'! Ain't that right, Melman!" Alex shouted.

Alex gets on top of Melman's neck and dances. Melman was having a massage while Brandon was dancing to the music.

"Oh, yeah! Yeah! I'm in heaven!" Melman said.

Meanwhile, King Julian and Maurice were doing some dancing on the dance floor.

"You see, Maurice Alex is now a friend, and the Foosas are nowhere to be seen. It could be said that my plan is working in a very good workin' kind of way." King Julian said.

"Alex, you gotta try some of this!" Marty shouted as he shoved a pineapple.

Alex spits the pineapple out and sees Mariah again. He did some flips to her, which got Mariah's attention. Alexputs his arm around her shoulder.

"How's it feel? Does it feel great? Can you see the light in front of us?" Alex asked.

"Yes." Mariah said as she smiled softly.

Alex started to dance again, but with Mariah. He did the spin to her, which she kept turning until she stopped.

"I feel good! I feel like a king again." Alex said.

"King?" King Julian asked.

"Yeah! You should see his act. Come on, Alex, why don't you show him some of your act?" Marty asked.

"No, I really don't think I can... Okay." Alex answered.