Chapter 5: Grand Central Station

Alex, Mariah, Katie, Gloria, Brandon, and Melman are waiting for the subway at the train station and look around.

"Is the train coming yet?" Mariah asked.

"Maybe it's on its way." Brandon said.

"I knew we should've taken Park." Alex said.

"Are you sure this is the fastest way to Grand Central station?" Katie asked.

I don't know, that's what Melman said!" Gloria shouted.

Melman got out of the men's restroom.

"Hey, you guys! That room has some nifty little sinks you can wash up in, and look! Free mints!" Melman said as he took his tongue out that it had the toilet refresher.

"This isn't a field trip, Melman! This is an urgent mission to save Marty from throwing his life away! Now.. Where's the train?" Alex asked as he took the refresher out of Melman's mouth and threw it away.

Suddenly, they hear the noises from a train that it finally shows up.

"Ah! Here it comes." Brandon said.

They all looked in the other way as the train came. Melman sees the train behind him, turns around, and screams. They put their heads back in as the train stops.

"What did Marty say to you? Mariah and I asked you to talk to him!" Gloria shouted.

"I did! I did! I did! I don't understand! He said: Let's go! And I said: What are you crazy? And he says: I'm ten years old! And then that he has black and white stripes..." Alex explained as they got in.

As the animals were getting inside, the people ran out screaming in fear. Back with Marty, he was asking the police officer's horse where to go to Grand Central.

"What you gotta do is you go straight back down West 42nd. It's now on your left after Vanderbilt. You hit the Chrysler building. You've gone too far." The horse explained the directions to Marty.

"Okay. Thanks a lot, officer." Marty said, and he left.

"Hey! Wait for the light!" The horse yelled.

Marty steps back in place for the stoplight.

"Freak." The horse said.

"Yeah, that's right. Zebra. Right in front of me. Can I shoot it?" The police officer said as he was on his walkie-talkie.

"Negative." The call said.

"Then, I'm gonna need some backup." The police officer said as Marty started walking.

Back on the subway train, Alex, Mariah, Katie, Gloria, Brandon, and Melman sit down. Alex looks at his side and sees a man. He covered himself with a newspaper. He peaks out and his point of view, Alex roars.

"Oh! Knicks lost again." Alex said.

"I told you so." Brandon teased Alex.

"Are we getting closer yet?" Katie asked.

"Ahh.. What are you gonna do..?" Melman asked.

Suddenly, the megaphone was being announced, but they couldn't hear it very well.

"What did the announcement say?" Mariah asked.

"Did that just say "Grand Central Station" or "my aunt's constipation"?" Alex asked.

"This is it!" Gloria answered.

Marty is now at the Grand Central Station.

"Grand Central Station! It's grand and it's central." Marty said.

Alex, Mariah, Gloria, Katie, Brandon, and Melman get out of the subway once they reach Grand Central Station. The blind hippie was playing the drums as the animals got out. Melman got out until his head was crushed by the doors of the subway.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Melman shouted in pain.

Melman squeezes his head out of the train doors, hits the ceiling sign, and destroys a man's drum set. The people keep on running for their lives, screaming in fear.

"Move aside... this is an emergency situation! Don't panic! Chill out! It's not that big emergency." Alex said.

Suddenly, an old lady beats up Alex so hard. Mariah was with him, too, while the others were still behind.

"How do you like that?!" The old lady yelled as she took out her pepper spray out of her purse and sprayed Alex in his eyes, which Alex screamed.

The old lady takes his arm and flips him.

"Alex, are you okay?" Mariah asked.

"Lady, what is wrong with you?" Alex asked but didn't answer Mariah.

The old lady hits Alex again with her purse.

"Ow! Get a grip on yourselves, people!" Alex shouted as he walked away.

"Come on, let's go now." Mariah said

Alex leaves with Mariah to go and look for Marty.

"You're a bad kitty!" The old lady said angrily.