Chapter 6: Getting Caught

Marty looked at the schedule board, which it changed.

"Dagnabbit! I missed the express! Looks like I'm gonna have to take the Stamford local." Marty said.

Suddenly, Alex tackles him down to the ground. Mariah went behind them.

"I've got him! I've got him!" Alex shouted.

"We found him!" Mariah shouted.

Gloria, Brandon, Katie, and Melman appeared on their way from the escalators.

"He's got him!" Gloria shouted.

"Wait for us!" Brandon shouted.

"He's got him! He's got him!" Melman shouted until he slipped.

"I got something for you!" The old lady shouted, and she hits Melman with her purse.

Melman slips and slides to the clock. He crashed it, and his face was stuck in it.

"I'm okay, I'm okay," Melman said.

"What are you guys doing here?" Marty asked.

"Oh, I'm so glad we found you." Alex said as he hugged Marty.

"We were so worried about you." Gloria said.

"Are you okay?" Katie asked.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, I'm fine. Look at me, I'm fine." Marty said.

"You're fine? Oh, he's fine! Oh, great. Hey, you hear that, Marty's fine. That's good to know. Cause I was just wondering..." Alex said.

Alex grips Marty at his neck.

"How could you do this to us, Marty? I thought we were your friends!" Alex shouted as he shook Marty rapidly.

"What's a big deal! I was coming back in the morning!" Marty shouted as he was being choked.

"Seriously, Marty?" Mariah asked.

"Don't you ever do this again. Do you hear me?" Alex asked.

"Do you hear him?" Gloria asked.

"Guys, we're running out of time." Melman said while he had the clock still on his head.

"Oh, Melman, you broke their clock?" Gloria asked.

"Don't you ever ever do this again!" Alex shouted.

"Please never again!" Mariah shouted, agreeing with Alex.

"Um, guys." Katie said to the others, but they didn't hear her.

"Come here." Gloria said as she and Brandon tried to take the clock out of Melman's head.

Suddenly, the police officers barged in as they surrounded all the animals. Including the penguins as they are out of the newspaper, dropping it to the ground.

"We've been ratted out, boys." Skipper said, and they all put their wings up.

There were also firemen, animal control, the drummer guy from the subway, and the old lady surrounding all of the animals.

"Cute and cuddly boys. Cute and cuddly." Skipper said as the penguins waddled to the middle backward.

That's not the only thing. The monkeys were there too, wearing a coat and a fedora. They turned around, and guns surrounded them. They put their hands up to surrender.

"If you have any poo, fling it now!" The monkey said to Phil.

"It's the man." Marty whispered.

"What do we do?" Mariah whispered to Alex and Marty.

"Good evening, officers!" Marty shouted.

"No, no, no.. you don't talk now, okay? You're not so good with putting the words together and their coming out, good thing. Okay? Shh!" Alex said to Marty.

Alex lets go of Marty and talks to the people instead.

"Hey! How are you doing? Yeah! You know what, everything's cool, we just have a little situation here. Little internal situation. Actually, my friend just went a little crazy. It happens to everybody. The city gets to us all. Just went a little cuckoo in the head." Alex explained.

The police men pushed out the animal control and closed the gap as he tried to get back in.

"Hey! Don't be calling me cuckoo in the head!" Marty shouted.

"Just shush! I will handle this!" Alex shouted back to Marty.

Alex turns back around, and he is kicked in the crouch by the old lady.

"I got him!" The old lady shouted but gets grabbed by the police.

Alex grabbed his crouch.

"Would you give a guy a break?" Alex asked in a high voice.

"Are you okay?" Mariah asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. We're just gonna take my little friend here home and forget this ever happened. All right? No harm, no foul." Alex said as he got closer to the circle, and the people got scared and backed away.

"Oh, no, no, no. Hey, it's cool! It's me, Alex, the lion.. From the Zoo." Alex said.

Alex makes his post and growls, which makes the men scared. The animal control shivers and looked at Alex's teeth.

"What's the matter with them?" Alex asked as he turned around to his friends.

Suddenly, the animal control shoots a purple tranquilizer to hit Alex's butt.

"Ow! Ow…" Alex said, looking at the tranquilizer.

Alex started to feel like he's gonna faint.

"Alex." Mariah said as Alex swirls around.

Mariah catches Alex from falling down to the ground. Alex started to feel weird.

"Wow! I feel really, really weird. Hey! I love you guys. I love you so much..." Alex said as he looked around at them, and they looked at him. That's when Alex fell asleep.

Sammy Davis Jr.: The Candy Man plays in Alex's dream. The next day, Alex wakes up to see the crowd of people, holding up signs, and the news reporter is in a few feet close to him.

"Last night dramatic incident at Central Grand station was an example of animal rights whackos have been shouting for years... The animals clearly don't belong in captivity. Now they're to be sent back to their natural habitat, where they will live their lives in the freedom they so clearly desire." The female news reporter explained on camera for the news.

"Hey, little help." Alex said as he raised his hand up.

"He's awake! He's awake!" One of the animal control men said.

The people all ran away in fear, and darts were being shot. One of them hits a blue tranquilizer on his hand, and Alex turns his hand around to see.

"Oh, man." Alex said and fell right asleep again.