Chapter 37: Winter

I opened my eyes, only to find myself in a familiar surrounding. My room.
Well let me correct myself, used to be my room.
I sighed at his stubbornness, finally he succeeded in bringing me back to him. To his territory. Though it took him seven months, but yes, at the end of the day he did it, he won.

I looked to my left, and found him lying down by my side, eyes closed, travelling in land of dreams.
His features have changed, just in such a short span.
I wonder, under what amount of stress he was buried, which caused a permanent furrow to take resident in between his brows like tattoo, his facial hair grew a bit, where his hair grew wild and looked unattended for a long time.
And only person to blame is me. Not just me but him too. He was one who played blame game, tried to force himself on me, showed his worst phase rather I would say worst anger ever, restricted me from contacting my father, insulted me; and the list goes on.
We are not meant to be together. Me being here, is a mistake. We never meant to be together.
This relationship, this situation, my condition and my presence, everything represents Theodore’s stubbornness and mistake, and nothing more than that.

I made myself sit, resting my back on the bed’s post and I peeped out of the window, looking at the moon, walking alone in the garden of clouds and darkness.
My mind as well walked in the lane of memory, seven months ago, when I ran away from this mansion, from him but he stayed in my brain for a long time, almost always.
I knew Theodore too well. Well enough where I predicted his every move but not enough where I thought he would have given up on me by now.
When you know a person for a long time, this is what happens, you can predict his every step, like I did. I concealed myself in Texas for a long period of time among sex workers, in their resident. Of course, because I knew that he wont look at such place.
And I must say, the amount of love and affection they gave me in those fifteen days, no one gave me till date. Not my father, not even Theodore.
After they came to know about my pregnancy and changes within Theodore, which caused me to run away, they helped me for those fortnights. Took care of my nutritional supply to my comfort, to my every need. 
I knew, Theodore would look everywhere but not in his own city that too among sex workers.
After fifteen days, I eloped Texas to Louisiana, where first thing I did was to search for a gynaecologist. A good one.
And after that, an apartment.

Using the money I withdrew from my account (of course, my savings), I filled my OPD fees, bought myself medicines, and got the rental home.
I spent another thirty days settling in their and concealing myself.

And after thirty days, I looked for a perfect job, suiting my now changed lifestyle.
Everything was fine. My life, work, my baby but one thing definitely shook my pillars.
That’s memory of Theodore. I did ran away from him, but my mind, my heart was still stuck with him.
From time to time, I used to cry like mad woman. I used to shout as if have been possessed by some evil spirit.
At times, I wished to run away to Theodore and bury myself in his warm embrace. I wanted to stay there forever.
But when I returned to my senses, all his deeds, how he mentally tortured me, how he showed me his obsession for me, surfaced up. Causing me to retaliate my hand back.
I used to console myself, by imagining the bright future waiting for me ahead. With my baby. Where we will be happy. I will be content with him or her.
But my imagination would run dry after sometime, and I found myself back to zero, crying for Theodore.
When I first saw him in my flat, definitely, my anxiety shot, even though I longed for him.

I looked at him, and ran my thumb over his left brow.
I was not the only one in trouble, but Theodore too was. Looking at him made it crystal clear.

‘But, at the same time, he may also be in trouble because of the obsession he had over me.’

A voice whispered in my ears, and I immediately withdrew my hand, but suddenly, Theodore held it and opened his eyes.
He was awake all this time.

Hid black marbles remained fixated at mine. We stilled surrounded by the sound of chirping grasshoppers.
Moisture found its way to the brim of my eye, but I didn’t let them fall.

“Leave.”

I whispered, the peace in his eyes were short lived and soon replaced by disgrace.
He let my wrist go, and held my cheek, at the same time getting up and crawling towards me. My breathing escalated, registering his actions.

“Darling, I..”

“Theodore please, just, least you can do is respect the boundaries for now.”

I finally let the pearl beads in my eyes to fall, smearing my face and leaving traces.
I got up from the bed and walked to the window. I can’t face him, not now. We no more have the same relation we used to have.
But in mere seconds, he came behind me, and held my baby bump from behind and put his nose on the angle of my neck.

“I missed you Winter.”

He whispered as if is coaxing me.

“Please leave, before I have breakdown, do so.”

“I am here to abide your every breakdown. You have me.”

I wriggled out of his hold and turned to him.

“No, you are not here for me. You found my breakdown as a reason that my father is not talking to me. So, why now? Why?”

I cried, while at the same time i screamed at his face.
Covering my face I let the tears fall free. I needed this. We needed this.

“Winter please, don’t cry. It’s not good for your health.”

I uncovered my face and looked at him. Concern enshrouded his face. I smirked at his false pretences.

“Seriously Theo? Are you worried for me?”

I questioned him, and his brows almost merged together. It was clear he didn’t got me.

“Or rather you are worried about the foetus growing in my womb.”

His expressions diluted. He kept looking at me. Now things surfaced up to him.

“Because as far as I can recall, seven months back looking at me crying you never turned this restless. But now you are. Because of your child right?”

Millions of tears ran down my cheeks. Theodore took a step towards me, while I took backwards.

“You are coaxing me, speaking to me softly because now I carry your child.”

“There is no case like this. You are important part of my life. As important to me as this unborn child is.”

He spoke without batting his lids. He came a step closure towards me, and vice versa I took back.

“You are my everything Winter.”

Fresh, warm liquid trickled down my eyes. So much, I wished so much this all to be true. But I am no more than an addiction to him.
He just wish me to be near him, but he doesn’t care about the condition I would be in. And now, he actually care about someone is, then it’s his child. Just that.

“I crave your every statement to be true, but it is not.”

We both know, it is not.

“Leave Theodore.”

I turned back to look out of the window, as more warm tears smeared my face.

“At least, let me be here. In the same room.”

He again showcased his insecurities.

“I can’t breath in same room as you.”

I sniffed, he held me again from behind.

“And I cant breath without you.”

I closed my eyes in anticipation.

“Please Winter. I will die without you.”

Hey my lovely readers,
I wish you all to be fine and healthy.
I hope you all liked the update. I know Winter did missed him and her action will be judged. Why would she do that? One word answer: respect. Theodore begin to disrespect her. And love doesn’t exist without respect.

Thank you,
Your author,,
~Galen_Yana...♡