Chapter 30: Theodore

Words kept echoing in the back of my skull. I know, whatever I said to Winter was wrong. I hurt her.
But recently I don’t have enough control over myself.
Whenever I look at her, I find the same blond hair and blue eyes as her father’s. And my anger stirs every other organ within me.
That night, when she called her father, I was about to enter her room, when I heard her stating that how rich I am as he wanted his son in law to be. Main bud of my anger erupted at that moment.
What if I was not rich? If not successful? Would she had denied me in such case? Or being ashamed of me?
In fit of rage, I tried to force myself on her. I tried to have her without her permission. I even claimed her to be mine and I may go as far as to rape her.
What else could have I done? She was declining me. She was declining my needs. How could she? It’s her duty to be for me whenever and wherever I wish her.
That too, after what she said to her good for nothing father.
I sighed. Bygones are bygones. We cant be like this when we have selected each other as our future.
Today, whenever I return home, I will have a good talk with Winter. I will strictly prohibit her from calling her father and behave herself.

Swiftly evening drifted, and I returned back home. But I was not able to collect enough of courage within myself to go to her room. Neither did she came to receive me.
I spent my rest evening locked in my study room. And when it turned unbearable, I went down to my cook.

“Did Winter already had dinner?”

“No, madam didn’t had anything since morning.”

I looked at the direction of her room. Frown formed in between my brows and my beats escalated.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, she said she is not hungry.”

Sweat covered my palm and the ‘V’ shaped depression deepened. Why do I have this sick feeling? Is something bad going to occur?

“Did you check on her?”

“No. Last time I went to the room with her lunch. She was crying and instructed me not to disturb her for rest of the day.”

Even before my cook could complete herself, I ran back at the direction where Winter was supposed to be.
For some reason, I was feeling unsure. I had a feeling, where I knew something bad is about to happen. Where I am going to loose something precious.
I don’t know why, but my guts screamed to me that I have screwed up everything.
Even including the beautiful thing I had with Winter.

As soon as I reached her door, I breathed out heavily. Trying to calm myself down. I know, everything will be okay. Once I open the door, I will find my beautiful wife on the other side. She must be waiting for me.
For me to apologize.
I placed a soft knock over the door. Seconds passed and it went unanswered. With every passing second my anxiety shot up to the sky.

“Winter, love. Please answer the door.”

There was a tremble in my voice. I don’t know, what my brain was assuming these blank, unanswered knocks as.

“Winter please.”

I knocked one more time. This time it was not a simple knock, but my fist thumped against the door like cloud thunders.

“Winter, open the damn door.”

Tears started to appear.
No, I don’t wish to loose her one more time. I want her. To be with me. Be my strength. Be my forever.
My bangs on the door intensified. I tried the knob, but door was locked from inside.
Listening to my hauls, Sean and other staff too came up to me. I pushed it with my shoulder, to break open the lock, but I was unsuccessful in that too.

“Winter this is the last warning, open the door or I will kill you.”

My rage took form of a storm, and my voice rumbled across the corridor.
Still getting no reply, I turned to Sean.

“Call the mechanic. Break the lock.”

Saying minimal, I walked back to the stairs railing, and stood up in support of it.
Within ten minutes or so, the lock was open, and I was the first to enter the room.
The room, that had the vary lingering fragrance of Winter, had her things spread all over the stretch, screamed her presence moments ago.
But Winter was nowhere to be seen. I entered the washroom, and it was too stark empty as the room. I came out, but corner of my eyes noticed something hanging over the balcony.
As I went near it, the thing turned more clear, and my fear slowly turned to reality.
One bedsheet was fasten to the railing, with multiple knots in it. As I peeped down, another bedsheet with knots, was laying there, over the cushions.
She must had tied the two sheets and placed the cushion for safe landing with the help of knots. But mid way, one sheet came undone and she must had collapsed on the ground. But cushions provided her the required protection from the impact.
My fingers tightened around the railing, turning the ends white with shortness of circulation. My jaws clenched, almost to the point where my muscles started to hurt.
Anger agitated my insides, snatching away the power to think straight. The scenarios in front of me, gave me clear indications. Which I still denied to accept.

“Dismiss.”

I barely spoke in between my clenched teeth, and without a words my every staff left me. My brain ran in different directions.
Possibly, where she could be? How far she would have gone? What time did she committed this sin? Did someone from mansion helped her?
If I get whiff that any of my staff helped her with this childish behaviour, I will burry him or her alive. They will see the worst form of mine. The devil within me.
I thumped back to my study, and opening its door with a thud, I went in and slumped on my seat, in front of system.
Seconds later, I was fishing through the CCTV footage, that gave me a clear view of area below Winter’s room. I was trying to find the exact time when she escaped. So that, I can act accordingly.
I played the footage with ×10 speed, to fasten up and clear the needless, unnecessary things. But suddenly, something quite of interest, caught in my camera.
Around seven in the evening, the exact time of my return, she did the dare. She knew, people in mansion will be busy around me and I won’t brag in her room immediately.
Hence, the safest time to escape.
As predicted, she jumped off the balcony, with bedsheet came undone and then ran off, crossing the garden.
On the screen, my blood shot eyes reflection’s stared back at me.
She seriously dared to leave me? She escaped me? Was I beating her? Was I not providing her with what so ever she wanted? Am I not enough for her, for she chose this way?
If she was facing any problem she could have talked me out. We could have discussed things. Found a way out of this maze.
But she, she ran away.
Away from me.
Will she be able to live without me? Will she find comfort in my absence?
Well, she might. But not the case with me. When we broke up, I never looked for her. Because I myself was not aware with this feeling in me. At that time, I harboured this simple feeling for her, that is, love. Pure and simple love.
But the moment she re entered my life, was the grave mistake she committed. The vary instance, the feeling I had for her over powered me as my obsession for her. A strong feeling where I wished to possess her; her mind and her body.
She should have either not entered my life, and once she did, she should have not let thoughts like running away from me and all bull shit cross her mind.
But fine Winter, challenge accepted darling.
I will hunt you down. I will chase your soul, even if I have to scoop you out from the end of the world I will.

Hey my lovely readers,
I wish you all to be fine and healthy.
I hope you all liked the update.
Some relationships requires a much needed break.

Thank you,
Your author,,
~Galen_Yana...♡