Chapter 10: Theodore

“I hope we meet again.”

Her words kept on ringing like some bell, over and over again on my mind. As I cleaned the table in Jumpstart, her words were playing there own role in deviating my mind. I don’t know, I seriously don’t, what spell has she casted on me. How had she got me enchanted for her.
Her sweet fragrance, her melodious voice, and above all her perfect features stole my concentration.

While I was busy in replying her voice like some broken record in my mind and clean the table to turn it spotless, the bells in cafe’s door chimed. Indicating Jumpstart’s new visitor and mine extra hour of work. I wished to shut this place down and study in solitude. Shut my brain down from the thoughts of that white witch and immerse my self in development of my future.
But, extra hours meant extra money.
Even after reviewing every other aspect, every pros and cons of being the new customer here, I went for building my future and get done with the last few questions of mock test sheets.

“We are closed.”

As I spoke, I sounded cold and annoyed even to myself. If someone who genuinely respect themselves, would prefer not to step any further in the café. But in response, I heard familiar tinkling.

“But we are here to meet the handsome boy.”

Still not raising my head, I smirked at what just Serena said. But the smirk that crept its way up to my lips, disappeared as fast as it came. By the time my brain processed what Serena has said, they already were near the table I was cleaning.
Ascending my eyes sight, I found Serena standing along with Winter; sweetest, warmest, prettiest Winter. But as contented as I was seeing her, was equally irritated by her presence.
I closed my eyes momentarily and turned back to Serena.

“Why did you brought her here? Such place is not suitable for her.”

Originally, I didn’t wished her to see my this phase. Where I run all day long for my two time bread and to get my academics fees settled.

“What am I in your eyes?”

Winter cut through and replied in place of Serena. I was like tennis ball playing ping pong between Serena and Winter.

“What place suits me?”

Without giving her any answer, I turned back to Serena.

“Take her back from here.”

“I wanted to be here.”

She again replied, uninvited.

“Why?”

My voice turned colder than Huston’s night. Even Serena flinched getting the hint of my coldness.
But, I definitely had my reasons. I didn’t wanted her to be here, seeing me like this. Above all, I didn’t wished to be near this conflagration, who will swallow me up completely along with her, in her destructive flames.

“Because..”

She paused before continuing. And as easy as pie, her expressions were readable. She was debating between whether she should continue or not.

“Because, I wanted to meet you.”

Tint of crimson covered the high cheekbones of her. I cant even imagine the amount of courage she must have collected to speak this. To disclose this in front of Serena, in front of me; where we both are yet strangers in her diary.

Clearing my throat, I dragged three chairs surrounding the round table and walked near fridge. Opening it’s door, I turned back to Serena.

“What would you like to have?”

“How about beer?”

She chanted in her usual unpredictable mode and I smiled back at her. Momentarily, I turned with my questioning eye sight to land on Winter.

“Beer.”

“Fine, have a seat, I will be back in seconds.”

Her stiff shoulders relaxed. As my earlier coldness evaporated in surrounding air, and a curve formed on her lips. I don’t know. For some reason, the way she spoke and what she said got all my strained muscles to relax. I was no more worried about her seeing me in my this condition or to be near her. I am ready to play this game of probability. Might be, because now I know that she feels the same pull as I do for her.

I returned back to the table with two bottles of beers that girls have demanded and some peanuts. And as soon as I placed them on centre table, both snatched their bottles with lightening speed. But before they can pour down their throat the bliss drink they were dying to have, I caught them both with my respective hand.

“Girls, what about your retuning arrangements? You cant go drunk.”

Serena passed me looks as if she wished to kill me. Beyond everything, I have barge in her ‘me’ time even before it started. Me time, where she get her brain drown in pool of intoxication. Where her brain is not able to register her pain, her sufferings. Where she no longer recalls the lack of love she is facing in her life because of her father.

“My Dada will be sending some malformed gangsta from his trope.”

She twisted free her bottle from my clutch, took a sip and spook again wiping her mouth on her long sleeves.

“And from next time, never interrupt my booze time.”

I smiled again and looked back at Winter. At once, I realized I have been holding on her for more then necessary time.

“And what about you?”

For some reason, my voice was turning softer.

“Well my driver is out there, waiting for me.”

She indicated using her thumbs to show where he must be.
I nodded my head and released the neck of her bottle, in the process grazing mine fingers over her’s. The crimson shroud from earlier returned and took it’s place on a rent on the top of her cheek bones.

Hours after, Serena was floating in the clouds of intoxication. She was not herself.

“Guys, I wanna puke.”

Winter, who was leaning her head down on the table looked up at her and smiled.

“Come darling I will help you.”

She stretched her hand to take Serena in her arms, while I butt in.

“I have already entertained you for longer than demanded. Go back now.”

I stood up from the chair and started with collecting this bottles, when Serena acted like some spoiled brat.

“Are you throwing us out.”

“Yes.”

I didn’t waited for her to absorb the piece of information and resumed back to my work, that were leaning on my shoulders. While she got up from her seat and staggering, she brought herself near the exit. Leaving all my work, I ran behind her to safely escort her to the pumpkin carriage, that her father have already sent.
On returning, I found Winter collecting her bag.

“Are you leaving?”

“Yeah. I must, it’s getting late.”

I nodded my head, while she ran her long fingers through her blond locks. And I must say, it was a breath taking moment. It felt as if everything happened in slow motion in front of my eyes. The red tint on her cheeks added beauty to already perfect features.

“Thanks for having us here today.”

Her voice pulled me out of the daze I was in.

“It was a great time for me to.”

I smiled and was about to walk by her, when she held me by my arms. As I turned back to her with furrow between my brows, her warm lush lips landed on mine. I felt as if everything has ceased on its action around me. My heart beat accelerated, and my eyes bulged out of socket.
That was when she climbed her hands up my chest and placed them behind the nape of my neck, caressing my hairs. Causing my breath to hitch to its maximum.
Finally getting hold of myself, I too closed my eyes, and let myself drown in the sea of pleasure.
Separating herself, she peeped in my eyes and spoke.

“I wish this moment never end.”

She looked at my eyes for some more seconds before she ran off the cafe, leaving me in solitude. I held the nearest chair for the support and closed my eyes.

I had perceived one thing, there is no going back. We are hitched for eternity.

Hey my lovely readers,
I wish you all to be fine and healthy.
I hope you liked the update and our budding character. Serena mentioned here is character of my other book Temptation, please do give a try to it.

Thank you,
Your author,,
~Galen_Yana....♡