39: Master of Death

20 August: Azkaban

20 August: Azkaban.

The plan was simple: take control of a ship docked on the coast, navigate through the waters, reach the prison, face the dementors, rescue Josette, and return, hopefully unscathed. Admittedly, the plan was not as simple as it sounded, but it was the only viable option available. The prison was situated on an isolated island surrounded by frigid waters, they can't swim all the way like Sirius did, he was padfoot then and dogs are good swimmers, humans on the other hand are not. 

Taking control of the ship proved to be relatively easy, as there were only four death eaters on board, whom they swiftly dealt with. However, sailing through the waters with dementors hovering above them posed a significant challenge. The four children hid inside the cabin while Remus, concealed under the Invisibility cloak, steered the ship in the right direction. On two occasions, death eaters flying on brooms spotted the ship and approached, assuming it was abandoned. They were taken by surprise when Harry and his friends attacked. Harry couldn't kill them, they cast bubblehead charm on them and threw them overboard.

After a gruelling journey of nearly two hours, they finally arrived at the foreboding Azkaban prison. The sight of its imposing, dark stone walls rising from the rocky shores, surrounded by turbulent waters and swirling mist, was even more intimidating than they had imagined. The fortress-like structure exuded an aura of dread and isolation, leaving everyone feeling the anguish of the prisoners within.

As they approached the castle walls, Remus cast a warming charm to protect them the cold. With Remus and Harry leading the way, Hermione in the middle, and Ron and Draco following behind, they were accompanied by a wolf, a stag, an otter, and a Jack Russell to ward off any dementors.

Upon reaching the entrance, Harry inquired about searching the entire building for Josette, only to be silenced by Remus, who pointed to a man seated behind a desk. Remus instructed Hermione to hand him the Invisibility cloak, which he used to sneak up on the man and immobilize him with a spell, causing him to collapse to the floor.

The group rushed inside, with Remus discarding the cloak and searching through the records. It dawned on Harry that a prison would undoubtedly have records, a fact he had overlooked previously.

"Sixth floor," Remus stated, reading from the binder. Suddenly, he looked up to see three death eaters standing at the gate, their wands pointed at them.

Upon seeing the expression on Remus' face, everyone turned to see the danger approaching.

"Stop right there, Lupin." one of the death eaters commanded.

Remus recognized him as the one who had previously come to their house looking for him.

"Run," Remus whispered urgently. "All of you, to the sixth floor, run."

Without hesitation, the group sprinted towards the stairs, dodging the spells being cast by the death eaters.

As Remus leaped over a desk, he transformed into his wolf form. He howled, drawing the attention of the death eaters. In this form, he felt more powerful and resistant to their spells.