5: Sirius Black

As Dumbledore was telling her only parts of her past that are important, Josette remembered everything

As Dumbledore was telling her only parts of her past that are important, Josette remembered everything. Every single memory was back and just like that her life was turned upside down. She sat down on the stairs, head exploding with pain. She was confused and the only thing she felt right now was anger. The Colemans whom she considered family lied to her all her life, even Meredith, she was her best friend, her sister and she kept this from her. And all this anger was about to get out on the headmaster. "You used me." She mumbled and then turn to face him "You fucking used me, Albus!!" she shouted.

"I did no such thing." he defended himself.

"Are you kidding me?? You have been lying to me my whole life. That stupid prophecy was a lie, you knew Tom was after me even before I told you and the acting you did, you deserve an Oscar for that." She chuckled darkly.

"Because of me you got this family, everything I did was to keep you safe and you are accusing me of using you??" Dumbledore asked in a fatherly tone, trying to make her feel her guilty for accusing him.

"Oh my God! This was your plan!" Josette exclaimed, a sudden realization hitting her.

"What??" he asked, clearly confused.

"You got me at Hogwarts so I can make friends, I will care for them, I will fight beside them and not Tom. That's why you used Lily's name to get me to trust you."

"No, I gave you a safe space at Hogwarts. You were sorted into Slytherin, you chose not to be like them and befriended the Gryffindors. It was your choice; everything you did after that was by your own free will, no one was controlling you, not me, not Tom, it was you."

Josette kept silent as what Dumbledore said made sense but she was going to let him win. He makes everyone believe he is good, he knows everything and he is always right but Josette is going to prove him wrong. "Okay maybe you are right, you saved me, thank you. What about Sirius??"

"What about him??"

"The ministry said Sirius betrayed the Potters, he is a death eater and you just believed them. you didn't even fight for him to get a trail. McGonagall told you Sirius would never betray James, anyone but James. But you convinced her otherwise. Even Hagrid's chicken got a trail but Sirius didn't, do you think that's fair??"

"Y-"

"And I know why you did it. To get to Harry, the boy who lived. With Sirius gone there was no one for Harry, Remus said he is happy to take him in but you showed him the 'werewolf' card and sent him to Petunia, knowing how much she despised magic, knowing Harry will be treated badly. And then bam! 10 years later you come into the picture, rescuing Harry from his cruel aunt, giving him a home at Hogwarts and then the boy will follow you blindly and he did, Harry never questioned you, he trusted you with everything and that's what you wanted."

"I-"

"But then I came and your plan was ruined." Josette again interrupted him, "Even in third year you didn't fight for Sirius, you were ready to let him die, but I was there and I would've never let that happen. So, you told us how to set him free, that way he will still be a convict and will have to stay away from Harry. But I rescued him from Petunia and you had no idea. If it was up to you, you would have let Voldemort kill me in the last task of the tournament. Because you no longer need me, if anything I am a threat between your and Harry's relationship, because now he comes to me with his problems and not you and now you cannot control him."