33: So... human

"Good," stated Moody, as eight Harrys, dressed in identical attire, wearing glasses, and carrying luggage, finally stood before him

"Good," stated Moody, as eight Harrys, dressed in identical attire, wearing glasses, and carrying luggage, finally stood before him. "The pairs will be as follows: Mundungus will be accompanying me, via broomstick-"

"Why am I paired with you?" grumbled the Harry closest to the back door.

"Because you are the one who requires supervision," growled Moody, his magical eye fixed unwaveringly on Mundungus. He continued, "Arthur and Fred, George with Remus. Miss Delacour-"

"I will be taking Fleur on a Thestral," Bill interjected, "She is not particularly fond of broomsticks."

Fleur walked over to stand beside him, giving him an affectionate look that Harry hoped he would never have to witness on his own face again.

"Miss Granger will be with Kingsley, also on a Thestral-" 

Hermione appeared reassured as she returned Kingsley's smile. Harry knew that Hermione, too, lacked confidence on a broomstick.

"Malfoy and Black." Draco approached and stood beside Sirius.

"Which leaves you and me, Ron!" Tonks exclaimed cheerfully, accidentally knocking over a mug tree as she waved at him.

"An' you're with me, Harry. That all righ'?" said Hagrid, looking slightly anxious. "We'll be on the bike, brooms an' Thestrals can't take me weight, see. 'Not a lot o' room on the seat with me on it, though, so you'll be in the sidecar."

"That sounds great," said Harry, wondering if his father, James, would be traveling alone.

"James will be on his broom," Moody added.

James nodded with a smile.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, and everyone fell silent. The real Harry glanced at James as he said, "Open the door, Harry."

Harry approached the door slowly, hoping it was Josette, and he was correct. She stood before him with Lev on her shoulders and a book in her hand. Her hair had returned to its natural silver color. Harry was taken aback by her new, or rather old, appearance, as it made her look quite different.

"I hate you," he said at once.

Josette blinked, then laughed. "That's a first."

"Five minutes, you couldn't spare just five minutes of your day to come and visit," Harry shouted.

"What did I say about catching up?!" Moody growled. "Come inside, now."

Josette walked past him, and Harry stared at her as if it were a criminal offense to ignore him and walk away.

"You are late," Moody stated.

"I brought help." She held up the book in her hand. "And someone was being quite stubborn." She glanced at Lev, who lightly slapped her cheek. "Yeah, yeah. I know, it was my fault. I apologize once again."