20: Jump

TW: Violent Death

TW: Violent Death

23 December: Asgard.

Josette took the last bite of her dinner and placed the fork down. Thor was waiting for her to finish so he could finally leave, as he had finished his plate minutes ago. It is considered rude to leave the table until everyone has finished eating.

"Thank you." Thor stood up. He was in a hurry; they have to repair the damage Aether caused to the nine realms. He is leading the army, and they are leaving soon.

"Thor," Odin said before he could leave. "I take back what I said; Jane is a good lady. And- and once you have restored peace upon the nine realms, you have my blessing to go to Midgard."

Thor smiled, "Thank you, father."

"But don't forget, you are the future king. Asgard needs you as much as the mortal."

"I won't. I promise I will take my responsibilities seriously." Thor said, bowed, and left.

Josette looked at Sirius and mouthed 'leave'

Sirius understood and excused himself.

Now, Odin and Josette are alone in the dining room.

Josette cleared her throat. "I- I've.." She doesn't usually get this nervous only when she admits her mistake. That really applies to everyone; no one wants to admit their mistake.

But she mustered enough courage, took a deep breath, and went on a rant. "I am sorry, I was rude. I shouldn't have assumed the worst about you. In my defense, you always do this—no, scratch that, I am apologising, sorry. But you should have at least told me to make me understand. Like, 'hey, I made a deal with the oldest god of times, and we can no longer talk in exchange for your friend's life'. At least I wouldn't have cursed you all these years—fuck no, no, I didn't curse curse you, just—oh shit. I am sorry." Her face turned red. This is probably the worst apology in the world, and she was embarrassed like never before.

Odin, on the other hand, found this amusing; he even smiled a bit before wearing that cold mask again. "Well, apology accepted. And I admit I made a mistake. I should have discussed this with you before, but I was... angry."

"Are you still....angry?" She asked unsurely.

Odin sighed "I want to; you are as stubborn as your mother. I guess I should be relieved that at least you are not on her path. All I want now is for you to be happy and finally get a life you have been struggling to find for so long... with your mortal."

Josette abruptly stood up. Odin questioned his choice of words: Did he say something wrong?

Josette walked over to him. "Can I- oh fuck it." And she hugged him for the first time in her life, because now he actually felt like her grandfather and not the king. "Thank you." She whispered.