4: Josette Hart

19 December 1970: The Three Broomsticks

Two months later Dumbledore finally got an owl from 'Voldemort'. Tom wanted to get on with his plan as quickly as possible but Dumbledore did stood him up on his job application, not even a letter of rejection came for two years. He can at least make him desperately wait for two months.

The door to the pub opened and Tom walked in, he saw Dumbledore sitting at the very end of the pub. Seeing the man again, the headmaster was immediately overcome with anger from their last meet. Tom joined him, sitting on his opposite side. No one spoke for several minutes. When Dumbledore had enough, he asked "What do you want??"

"Your help." Tom answered, cursing himself for asking his help.  

“I am not joining your Cult, Tom. If that’s what you are after.”

Tom rolled his eyes. How dumb does he think I am?? “Do you believe in Aliens?? Outer space?? Life on the stars??”  

“You have truly lost it, haven't you???” Dumbledore muttered.

Tom chuckled and placed some books in front of him, the same books he stole from Hephzibah.

Dumbledore took his time to read the titles and a page or two of the books and he concluded "This is a Myth."  

"Not anymore." Tom shook his head "Some of it maybe but Hela is real." 

"I don't believe you." Dumbledore stood his place, after all this is just book knowledge there is no proof this is real.  

"You want proof." Tom stated "I believe you have a pensive." He removed a vial of memories and placed it in front of him. 

~☆~

While Dumbledore was busy looking through Tom's memories, only specific ones he was willing to share, Tom quietly slipped past his office and ran up to the seventh floor. He waited for the room of requirement to reveal itself. Once inside, he hid the Ravenclaw's diadem well and was back in the office before Dumbledore was done with the memories. Thankfully it was holidays and school was almost empty so, no one saw him. He stood there, leaning against the wall like he didn't just ran up four floor and back and surprisingly Dumbledore was too shocked to notice him panting for air.

"This is madness!!" He exclaimed as soon as he was done with the memories.   

"Told you." Tom just shrugged. 

"And you have been helping them.” 

“Earning their trust.”

“What about your intentions, your death eaters, your goals?”

“My goal is to get the magical society it’s freedom from muggles. Hela’s goal is to put shackles on every hand be it wizard or muggle. You and I, we can fight after she is taken care of and for that you will need my help as much as I need yours."