26: A Promise

Transfiguration Classroom

"Harry, where's Hermione?" Ron whispered to his friend as they sat on the last bench in the Transfiguration classroom. It's been ten minutes since Professor McGonagall started the lecture and she is not one to miss classes or be so late to it.

"I don't think I even saw her leave the classroom and we were the last to leave. She should have been here before us." Harry said.

"You have the map, check it." Ron reminded him of the amazing parchment they have.

Without wasting another second, Harry quickly removed the paper, whispered the secret words, and revealed the map. He flipped through the pages and finally found Hermione standing outside the Hospital wing with Snape, Pansy, Blaise, and Pomfrey. A little away from them was Draco Malfoy inside the hospital wing.

"What is she doing there?" Ron asked.

"I don't know." Harry answered, honestly confused.

"We should go there." The redhead said.

"Oh yes, McGonagall is going to allow us to visit the hospital wing for no apparent reason." Harry said sarcastically.

"I have an idea."

"What-" Harry didn't get to finish his question as a hand came flying towards him and punched him on the nose.

"What the hell, Ron!" Harry still tried to keep his voice low.

"Come on, hit me." Ron encouraged. He wanted to do this for a long time, whack his best friend hard, why? We will find out.

"I am not going to hit you- great, now I am bleeding." Harry inspected his nose and his fingers were covered in blood.

Ron landed another punch straight to his eye. That was enough for Harry to punch back and a fight broke out. Ron fell down, Harry on top of him blindly slapping his hands just as Ron did. The boys were quick to pick a team and they started cheering for them.

"That's it, you two!" McGonagall yelled and ran to the back of the class. She waved her wand and Harry was lifted up by his collar. Ron also stood up, coughing and shaking his bruised hand.

"What is this behavior!?" McGonagall questioned.

"He hit me." Harry pointed at Ron, furious and forgetting they are doing this to get into the infirmary.

"Why?"

"Why?" Harry repeated, his face turning into confusion. "Umm...." he turned to look at Ron for answers.

"Well, why?" McGonagall repeated when neither of them answered.

"He is snogging my little sister." Ron answered, pointing accusing finger at his best friend.

Harry's head whipped so hard he almost broke his neck. This is just an excuse, right? Harry questioned himself. He can't know that, this is a lie. He told himself.