31: R.A.B

The Marauder's Map guided Harry and his companions back to the exact location where they had lost their esteemed headmaster

The Marauder's Map guided Harry and his companions back to the exact location where they had lost their esteemed headmaster. As they approached the area on the map labeled 'Josette Hart', they discovered her lying on the ground. They hurriedly moved forward, fearing the worst, but were relieved when Josette uttered, "I am perfectly fine, just resting my eyes."

Sirius let out a chuckle and said, "Of course you are, my love." He bent down and gently lifted her into his arms. "Come here."

"Put me down." she demanded, although her actions suggested otherwise as she snuggled closer.

"I don't think so, no." Sirius replied. They began retracing their steps along the path they had taken. "So, did you speak with him?"

"He left." Josette murmured, her eyes still closed.

"But you can find him, can't you?" Harry inquired.

"I am not sure. You have the mirror, inform Lily to search for both Dumbledore and Peter." Josette responded in a barely audible voice. As soon as Peter's name escaped her lips, Sirius and James exchanged a concerned glance.

"Why- why do you want Peter now?" James questioned. "Just forget about him, he is of no use..."

"Pettigrew is dead!" Harry exclaimed, taken aback by this revelation. "How? When?"

"Murdered, a long time ago." Sirius curtly answered, providing no further explanation. They were eager to hear why Josette suddenly had an interest in Peter. "Jo."

"I haven't seen him in quite some time, I want to make sure he is still here." Josette replied.

"Yes, he is here. If you don't allow him to leave, how can he?" James attempted to persuade her to stop her search for their treacherous friend.

"Can anyone please tell me exactly how this happened? And when?" Harry inquired, feeling frustrated that everyone seemed to be withholding information. Adrian is a Death Eater, Dumbledore has a brother, and now Peter is dead. How many secrets can he possibly handle in one night?

Sirius proceeded to recount the events of Peter's demise. Harry couldn't deny that he felt a sense of satisfaction; the man who had betrayed his parents, the man who had taken their lives, had met a painful end. But Harry thought he will be more disturbed by this, Josette had killed an actual human being, and living with that burden couldn't be easy. Yet, she does, always has, she does all the necessary immoral acts which other simply can't but know they have to, Josette does everything by herself and faces the consequences alone, and for whom? Not for herself but for everyone around her, especially for him.

Harry admired her for that. If only he had the courage to express how much Josette meant to him, how desperately he wanted her to be his mother, how much he longed to call her "mom." He even confided in Lily about his feelings, and she had fully supported him, assuring him that he wasn't replacing her and encouraged him to talk to Josette but in the end he never does, it's never the right time or place or occasion but one day he will.