29: The Astronomy Tower

Despite Josette's warning, Ginny and Hermione followed Adrian into the Room of Requirement once again

Despite Josette's warning, Ginny and Hermione followed Adrian into the Room of Requirement once again. They had stopped spying on him constantly, but after curfew, Hermione would still check the Marauder's Map to see Adrian's whereabouts. One night, when he snuck out of the Slytherin common room, Hermione and Ginny couldn't resist doing the same.

On that night, Adrian once again used the cabinet on a dog, but they chose not to inform Josette, as they had clearly ignored her warning and knew she would be furious.

Tonight, Adrian was again spotted wandering the halls after hours. Hermione saw him on the map but couldn't immediately go after him since Ron was with her. Ginny decided to go alone, despite Hermione's protests. 

Hermione was getting worried and decided to go after her. "Ron, I'm going to see Jo," She stood up from her chair. "I'll be right back."

"No," Ron immediately objected. "Harry said you would tell Jo about him, and he told me to stop you." He stood in front of her, blocking her way like a loyal friend.

"I promise I won't tell her about Harry. Let me go," Hermione tried to walk past him, but he refused to move.

"Then why do you want to go?" Ron asked. "Is this about why you sneak out after curfew?"

"No, it's... It's personal, " Hermione struggled to come up with an excuse, clearly not very skilled in deception.

"Is it so important that you have to do it now?" Ron raised an eyebrow, unconvinced by her excuse.

"It's about the date Fred and I have planned for tomorrow," Hermione lied, knowing there was no such date.

"What about it?"

"You daft dumbo. It's a date, we will kiss and..." Hermione left the sentence hanging knowing Ron will fill it with the most inappropriate things he can think of. 

"Eww," Ron stepped aside, his face scrunching with disgust. "Eww."

Hermione smiled and walked towards the door. Just as she was about to leave, she decided to tease him a bit more. "Hey Ron," she caught his attention. "Whatever you are thinking of know Lavender will want it too." 

Ron plopped onto the couch in shock. And with that, Hermione left, leaving him traumatized for life.

Inside the Room of Requirement, Ginny saw Adrian staring at the cabinet for the past 15 minutes. Occasionally, he would remove his wand and wave it around the cabinet, repeating the process. Ginny assumed the cabinet was broken and Adrian couldn't use it anymore. However, she soon realized how wrong she was.

Finally, Adrian opened the cabinet, then closed it, muttered a spell, and opened it again. Out stepped Bellatrix Lestrange, accompanied by the Carrow siblings. Ginny's breath hitched, and her heart started racing. She tightened her grip on her wand, hoping it would protect her.