23: They believe in Revenge

2 January 1997: Hogwarts Express

"Leave!" Adrian forcefully opened the compartment door where Draco and his friends were sitting. His gaze was fixed on Draco, indicating that his command was directed towards Blaise and Pansy. However, they remained seated, waiting for Draco's approval. When Draco nodded, they quietly left without causing a scene.

"Why didn't you come when the Dark Lord ordered you to meet before the end of the holidays?" Adrian asked as he locked the door.

Draco was supposed to meet Voldemort and inform him about everything he had learned while staying with the chosen one. They had even discussed what he would say. Harry and James lived like muggles, using magic sparingly, which was true. There hadn't been any Order meetings, so there was nothing interesting to report. However, Josette was concerned that Draco would be treated like Severus for not providing anything valuable, so she decided to sacrifice her greatest strength and inform Voldemort that her healing powers had returned. Draco couldn't go through with it and backed out at the last minute.

He was even considering telling Voldemort outright that he no longer wanted to be a Death Eater. After all, he had gotten involved in this mess to protect Narcissa, and now she was safe.

"I don't answer to you." Draco replied simply.

"You will." Adrian stepped forward, grabbed Draco's collar, and pulled him up.

Draco laughed, trying to calm himself and resist the urge to beat the boy in front of him to a pulp.

"We are going to work together" Adrian hissed. "And you are going to kill Albus Dumbledore."

"I prefer to work alone," Draco retorted, grabbing Adrian's hand that was holding his collar and twisting it to break free. "And next time, think twice before laying your filthy hands on me."

Adrian refused to show any reaction to the pain. "Filthy? It's your mother who is a blood traitor. I'd say you're heading down that same path."

Draco had enough. He raised his hand to punch the boy, but Adrian anticipated the move and dodged it. "Haha! Feisty." he smirked.

"Stay the fuck away from me." Draco warned, pushing him aside. He opened the compartment door and walked out.

~☆~

16 January: Dueling Classroom.

"Sectumsempra," Harry read from the mysterious potions book he had found in the classroom. He wondered what this spell did. 'For enemies' was written in front of it. It could be a harmful spell used for dueling. He could always ask Josette; after all, she is an expert in dueling.

"Mr. Potter, just because you did the spell does not mean you have mastered it. Close that book and keep practicing with your classmates." Josette called out from where she was teaching Neville Incarcerous.