22: Trust

28 December: Grimmauld Place

"You are beautiful. I love you." Josette smiled, placing her head on his chest and wrapping him in her arms.

Sirius, who had just woken up, immediately smiled upon hearing the compliment. "I love you." he said and kissed her forehead.

"How long have you been awake?" he asked. Last night, he had rushed back to get there before her, but Josette had already returned. Fortunately for him, she had immediately slipped into their bed. Sirius sighed in relief, hid his book where she wouldn't find it, and joined her, as he was also tired from how much fun they had exploring Asgard.

"Just." she mumbled, still sleepy.

"Come on. I have to go and see if I still have my job after disappearing for one week without a word." he said, pushing himself up despite Josette's protest and sitting, resting his back on the bedpost.

Josette turned to face him, her head now on his lap. She was admiring his face and couldn't help but say it again. "I love you."

Sirius actually blushed, his cheeks turning red. He blamed it on the cold because Sirius Black doesn't blush; he makes everyone blush. "Why are you being so sweet all of a sudden?"

"Why? Can't I tell my boyfriend of-" she started doing the math on her fingers "-20 years that I love him?"

"I am not complaining." he raised his arms in defense.

"Good. Because I love you."

Sirius couldn't stop smiling. "And I love you, but now I really need to go." he struggled to push her off of him but finally succeeded.

"Get ready, you are meeting Moony and Harry." he walked into the bathroom and came back with a toothbrush in his mouth. "Mooie ez goin to vove it."

"I bet he will refuse to accept it." Josette said.

"He wiii-"

"No, go wash your mouth first." Josette pulled a face.

Sirius walked back in and returned with a fresh grin on his face. "He will, of course, it's Remus. Maybe remind him for Dora's safety, and he will fall right into it."

"That's manipulation." she stated.

"No, it's not. This is good for him." he argued.

"That's how it starts."

"Well, you are good at it. Do your thing." he joked.

"Honestly, fuck you." Josette rolled her eyes. They went from loving to cursing each other in mere minutes. Now that's a normal morning in the Black household.

~☆~

Privet Drive.

"No gift for me?" James said as Josette pulled out a small box for Harry.