Chapter 40 - Fighting Back

Three more days. Then he will get his break.

"Where's that alpha?" Inn's voice interrupts his mantra. New looks over to his best friend, seated on the driver's side. He is scanning their surroundings, his face distorted. Trying to control his anger.

"You promised not to do anything." He reminds the agitated man of their agreement and Inn sighs. Last night, after crying to his mate who was equally angered by the whole situation, New made him promise to do the same thing. To leave the matter alone, at least until his internship ends. Because he wants this to end peacefully. At least as peacefully as it can. Whatever action he will take, he will take it afterwards, when he never has to think about his safety being around them.

Yes, their threat worked. He was, and still is shaken over what happened to him last night. He couldn't even get a good night sleep without waking up every other hour - the thought of having to ride the train to go to work, and stumbling onto Fort today was enough to give him anxiety attack. Tay offered him a ride, but that was not plausible, because his alpha has to go to rotation even earlier than him.

Which was why they asked Inn to drive him instead. And thankfully for him, his friend picked up the phone, despite the early hour. And after explaining what happened briefly, Inn agreed to meet with Tay so the alpha can pass him the key to his car.

"Let me just walk you inside." His friend suggests, not comfortable letting him go by himself. Because he was forced to follow the group even though they were inside the building, with securities guarding the gate. New is not worried about that though, there weren't many people last night unlike right now when people are heading to their departments to clock in. There is a very high probability that his own co-workers are here. "You gotta move. Other people are coming in."

Inn sighs, and nods. "I can stay around for a while. Lecture's only at 2."

"Nope, it's good. Te's coming to get me." New reassures his friend and unlocks the car, before turning back, "Don't forget to give him the key. And no driving around."

Inm only smirks at the warning. "That's a pity. This car's gonna drive the ladies crazy."

"You horny monkey. See ya." New bids his friends goodbye, "Thanks, Inn!"

★★★

Tay presses his lips together, looking around the building. He is currently seating at the café, on the seat nearest to the gate. As soon as New walks out of the elevator, he will be able to see the omega.

I'm coming! – Nu♡

Tay reads the message again, noting that it was sent five minutes ago. If New is still not here in the next five minutes, he will call the man to make sure his mate is fine.

While waiting, the noble alpha cannot help but look around in displeasure, especially at the alphas walking in groups. His is sure one of the attackers is a female, so each time a female alpha comes close, Tay strengthen his already prominent pheromones. Needless to say, they avoid coming near him.

"Nu!" Tay stands up immediately as he sees his lover coming out from the elevator. New instantly spots him and gives him a bright smile and a wave, not the slightest concern on his face. Very different from how he left this morning, and how he returned last night. This makes Tay happy inside, because it means his omega trusts him and feels safe just with his presence. Despite being in a place where he was taken and surrounded just last night.

"Who…?" the alpha asks as soon as his mate comes closer to him. Behind New, two other people – a female beta and an alpha follows. Like duckling. Their faces excited.

"Ah, this is Janhae and Sing. The other interns." New introduces them, and Tay gives them a sincere smile. He heard a lot about them from his mate, they help New feel comfortable and adjusted. Tay likes them.