Chapter 17 - Running Away

Tay throws his pencil and tears off the note, crumpling it. He pushes the books aside, messing up his desk. "What the hell is wrong with him? Tsk."

Sitting down on the floor with his legs straight, he brings one knee up to rest his elbow. He rests his head on the bed and rubs his temple to relax. He needs to calm down or he may have another anger burst, something he has frequently after knowing about his attempted kidnap.

Bringing his forearm to rest on top of his closed eyes, the agitated alpha inhales deeply before letting his limbs fall to his sides. He knows he went too fast that day, but in his defense, that was the longest he had to wait for someone to finally give him attention.

To this day, he still cannot comprehend his obsession with the man.

Why is he so captivated by those smooth skin's thick lower lip, and that deep voice? Why can't he forget the man after meeting him just once? Why did he try so hard to get his attention? Why didn't he mind not sleeping with the man when that was the only thing he ever wanted from another person all this while? Why did he feel excited whenever he got close enough for their skin to touch even though he had touched so many people before?

And that static electricity he felt when their hands touched that day. That is a sign something is going on between them, right? The chemical reaction between their bodies is caused by love hormones. Or whatever the reason.

It is not one-sided.

New seemed to like him too, the man responded to his kisses, even tried to dominate it, and yet, why the hell did he run away after all that making out? What was with the man calling him an alpha bastard? What the hell did he ever do to New? If anything, Tay is far from being an alpha bastard. He is a noble for god's sake. The best of the best.

"ARGH! NEW THITIPOOM WHAT THE FUCK?!" He screams as he messes his hair violently. This is stressing him up. The skinny guy has been avoiding him since that day, and it has been more than a week. More than a week of him trying to find the man, trying to explain himself. Eleven days since the man ran away from him and stopped coming to his usual hang-out places.

****

Tay leans against the seat of the shuttle bus, sighing as he thinks about how he is going to confront New today after class. This is getting ridiculous, both of them are adults, and there is no need for a long fight when misunderstandings can be cleared by talking. Though, he has no idea how to talk.

Entering the lecture hall, he looks around to see both New and Joong still not present, which is not surprising considering how New had been trying to avoid sitting with him by coming in right before the lecture started. Taking the seat near the aisle on the row nearest to the doors, and right in the middle, he takes out his notes and starts to play with his phone while waiting.

If only they had exchanged numbers when they were still on good terms, Tay wouldn't have to try so hard to merely talk to New.

The class starts and Tay avoids looking around too soon, not wanting his target to realize his intention. Right when the professor is in the middle of explaining something important, he swiftly turns around and spots New, looking paler than usual, three rows from the back, at the row near the windows.

That is ideal since he will be able to block New from exiting the classroom without talking to him first. Satisfied with his plan, he returns his focus to the lecture.

"New, wait." He calls when the said man tries to go past him through the door. Blocking New's path with his hand, he steps in, and the latter inches back, wanting space. Luckily for him, the dazed New dropped his notes and asked Joong to leave before him.