Chapter 26 - Showdown

"Tsk." Tay throws his phone on the bed and crashes his body down. New is acting up again during the break and wouldn't answer his call or reply to his messages. There is no use in them exchanging phone numbers in the first place when all New does is reply to his messages for the first week they are apart then ignore him the rest of the summer.

He has to admit, that the omega has a knack for leaving him hanging.

And he is not even mad. Not anymore. He was, at first, but then it just turned into a longing.

Now he is back to being the desperate puppy he was.

No, he is not mad. He is frustrated. He got so desperate he checked his phone every other minute that he couldn't focus on doing anything last month. It gets worse when he sees other couples out there, he becomes sexually frustrated because he cannot touch New or hear his voice. Then he ends up waking with a hard-on every morning. And knotting.

He is back for the first time he met New at the lake. How the hell did he go backward? He has no idea. Heck, why the hell is he so obsessed with the guy anyway?

Tay gets up and takes out the matching band shirts he got from a friend. New told him about his favorite artist who Tay also happened to like back when they were spending time together at his apartment. And, as one of his attempts to get the pale guy to pay attention to him was spamming him with the shirts he bought with no success.

Sighing, he places the shirts back into his bag and takes out the matching sunglasses he got just because.

No, he is not one of the cheesy guys who likes to wear matching outfits with their significant other. Hell no. And New is not his 'significant other'. He just had so much free time during the break that he went on a shopping spree. And buying stuff for other people is way more fun than buying things for himself. Fortunately, his grandmother found out about his expenditures early, or Tay would have gone crazy and bought them airplane tickets to Greece.

New drives him crazy. He is damn good at it.

"ARGHH!" Tay throws his shirts on the floor before he gets worked up enough to tear them apart. Seriously. Somehow, he cannot help but think that the reason why New would ignore him is because of his friends. The pack is just too influential in his life they are becoming a burden. If Tay can just pull New away from them and keep him in his pocket, that would be great.

Getting up to shower and cooling his head off, he hears a knock on his door. Not Off because the man never knocks. Reluctant to open it, Tay dragged his feet as the knocks got louder and angrier.

"Tay Tawan. I know you're inside. Hey."

The fuck? That is Inn's voice. He sounds really angry and Tay just doesn't want to deal with his shit right now. He doesn't want to see any of the omega's friends before he meets the man himself, because right now, they are the guys who are keeping New away from him and the mere thought of that pisses him off. He already got warnings from two alphas, he doesn't need another one. Heck, he is already keeping his distance as told, albeit only because he couldn't get in touch with the other.

"Hey. Open up before I kick the damn door open."

Tsk. Rude shit. Just like the rest of his friends. But then again, birds of a feather flock together. Not wanting to make a scene, Tay decides to give the man what he wants. "What the hell yo-"

Thud!!

Tay moves his jaw around, trying to fix it back after the powerful punch. "The fuck?"

Inn grips hard on his collar and pushes him inside the room, crashing him towards the wall, and knocking a few books down from the shelf. Provoked and already irritated enough, Tay knuckles the beta's left cheek, forcing him back a few steps as blood flows down his nose and broken lips.