Chapter 23 - Beginning Of Summer

Tay leans against the door frame, staring at the frail back before New puts on his shirt. The bruises on his wrists and arms are almost completely gone and Tay is careful not to leave any marks on that milky neck. His hair is still a bit wet from the shower, so the alpha takes a towel and places them on the other's head, drying them lightly while sighing inwardly.

New turns his whole body around suddenly, shocking the alpha and looks up a bit, smirking triumphantly, satisfied with the surprised gasp. Tay cannot do anything at the sweet face and smiles back. New is being mischievous and it is cute.

Everything about the man when he is in his right mind is just adorable to him.

Caressing his bangs a few times, Tay returns to the kitchen to make the omega's final meal before leaving his apartment.

His heat is over. There is nothing left to hold him here.

Although he was almost driven crazy a few times, in the past few days, Tay learned so many things about the pale man, be it good or bad.

His favourite thing would be how New likes to play with his decorations whenever he is bored, which would be every time Tay reads the omega guidebook to him, and how he likes to lay down on the floor whenever he gets the chance.

The worst would be how New would wake up in the middle of the night crying while looking for his pills when Tay left him to write his report in the living room a few times. The alpha would have to hold him in a tight hug to calm him down. He hates when the omega begged and screamed in his nightmare because he now knows what messed him up so badly. He knows someone forced himself on New.

And he is sure the reason why New would lose his mind when Tay accidentally knots inside is because of that bastard.

Which is why he now finds it really hard to let the omega go back. Because he will have to wake up alone in the room without anyone by his side. Tay never asked New about it though, he doubts the other has a clue he knows about it either.

"Why?"

"Nothing…" Tay brushes it off and watches as New continues to munch on his sandwich. Noticing the stare, New pushes a piece towards the alpha who beams happily at the offer and takes a bite. "You sure you don't want me to send you?"

"Yeah. You've done enough. You still need to finish your report."

"I wanna send you. Can't I drive you back?" New only gives him a small smile and a shake. Tay rolls his eyes when he remembers, "Oh yeah. Your friends might kill me."

"They won't… I think." He doesn't seem to be convinced by his own words because his friends were really mad at their argument a few days ago and are still worked up over it. He doubts they would let Tay near him without causing a commotion. And though New thinks he need not answer to anybody regarding his personal matters, he knows they feel responsible and overprotective over him out of guilt of letting that night happen. The least he can do is not worry them. And telling them about this week will.

This is a big deal. He just spent his first heat with Tay. He just slept with an alpha for the first time after his attack. Gulf will understand him, Mew may or may not, Inn will flip out completely. "I'll tell them."

"About us? New, what are we?"

Mew sighs, putting the sandwich down. "I… I just broke up a few weeks ago. It's still too early for me."

That is not it. Andrew and him ended way before. The only reason why he rejected Tay's offer to be lovers is because he feels that the reason why he stayed with the alpha is, in Tay's words, out of convenience. He needed someone to be with him and Tay just happened to be there. Even if he had met some other alpha who could make him feel safe, New couldn't be completely sure he wouldn't sleep with that alpha either.