Chapter 4 - The Beginning

It is finally Tuesday evening and Joong excitedly runs back towards the dorm, heading straight to the third floor and pushes the door forcefully, surprising the owner of the room. "I'M FREE!!!"

"I guess you did well then?" Inn laughs at the whole situation, staring back and forth between the younger man and his best friend, who still has his shocked face. Joong jumps on the bed in glee, earning him a distasteful stare from New. He then proceeds to hug his tutor, "I think I might pass every subject this term!"

"Joong! Calm down! I can't breathe." Joong grins at the stiffened man trying to push him away and lets go. "You better make that bed or I won't let you sleep here again."

"Fine! Later!" He runs out, leaving New to stare at the mess of a bed and sighs. Inn who already started picking up the shirts New laid out on the mattress a few minutes earlier, laughs again. "Cheer up! Look at how excited he was! He even came straight here from his exams!"

"He better relax and lose that energy first before coming here again." New takes the shirt from Inn and folds it, putting it into his backpack. "I need to recheck my stuff."

He looks on the floor for the things he prepared earlier for his short hiking trip with Inn and their hiking club before returning to their hometown, Hat Yai in four days. He almost checked everything on the list before Joong came and messed everything up. Now he has to start over.

"Everything's here!" He reports after finally done checking.

"Your presents and souvenirs?"

"There!" New points at the paper bag under his study desk of the things he bought for his family back home, "You?"

"Everything's already in the car. You wanna put yours in?" He nods, taking two of the bags, "Just these ones. There's some food inside that bag."

"Alright. I'll go put these in first. So, around 7 right?" Inn pulls New's duffle bag around his shoulder along with his handbag which contains a few holiday assignments. New holds the door open and pats Inn's back in gratitude. "Lemme confirm that. But I think it's earlier!"

"Got it."

*****

After walking for almost an hour, the
pack of five finally arrives at their
destination - Kingsmen. Mew enters first, giving a nod to his cousin who is mending the bar. He takes the keys and signals towards the others who are busy looking at a pool game nearby.

Although it is still Tuesday night, there are surprisingly more people than he thought. They usually only come here Friday nights or during the weekends, so they were actually expecting only a few people.

"Is it always this many people?" He asks his cousin lightly, earning him a
smile. He used to help here during his first year but stopped due to some incident. He already forgot how things work here.

"Well people around here don't really care what day of the week it is." His
cousin reminds him and Mew nods, flashing a smile which shows his dimple.

Of course. Most of the alphas and betas around here do not have any working hours. Some do not even work and Mew always used to wonder how they can afford going to places like this to hang out. Hurrying towards their room which is usually reserved for VIPs, he switches on the light while the other three find their seats on the sofa. New stands in front of the old jukebox, inserting a coin and choosing some funky music.

"Hip hop! Yeahh!" New walks towards the sofa while dancing and both the alphas start to rap along with the old school song, Just like that, they start the beginning of their summer holidays.

Each of them orders something to drink, they have a simple darts competition with shots, and jam hard enough until everyone is drained.

There are only five of them, so it is not the party-till-you-die kind of vibe. They are satisfied enough to just be in each other's presence before the long break.