Chapter 33 - The Trauma Remains

The movement of the couch touching his back, along with the slight screeching sound between furniture and the floor shocks the alpha from his slumber. The sudden realization that his mate is still asleep in his arms, and the fact that somebody is on the couch, watching them stiffens him who is currently wishing for death.

Shit.

There is no sound other than some munching which bothers him. Tay still cannot let go of New, wanting to pretend to still be asleep, at least, until the person behind them is gone but that person is eating so that will be a few more minute to an hour, depending on what their intention is. "I thought dad told you not to touch P'New."

Fuck. This guy knows he is awake. And who is he anyway? P'New? So that means New's brother?

Turning around slowly, he almost flinches when he sees the disinterested poker face which looks a lot like his omega, only a bit wider with a slight difference in some places. The man is still chomping on his cereal as he stares at Tay, not even care that he is basically interrupting their private time. "Who are you?"

"I'm his brother. Duh."

"Oh." Tay doesn't know what more to say. Until yesterday night, there is only Love. When the hell did this guy came here? And what the hell is his name?

"Pluem." He answers and Tay nods awkwardly, a bit creeped out that the man read his mind. Not to mention, he is still sitting on the sofa, not caring about them, and continues to eat his breakfast. "By the way, Dad and Mum just went out for their morning stroll."

Tay's eyes widens.

"You're so dead." Pluem states, smirking.

****

"I didn't know there were so many people here in the morning." New finally stops being bitter about being dragged out of the house so early in the morning with the excuse of exercising in the middle of winter, followed by breakfast when they can eat at home.

Tay only nods as he hungrily takes a bite out of his American-style breakfast, almost spitting out some to his mate if not for that sharp eyes warning him not to open his mouth while eating. Swallowing whole and drinking his coffee, he utters, "Aren't you glad I forced you out?"

Well, he only did it because he was afraid of what the parents might do to him once they are back, so he hoped that doing this might give them some time to cool off, and really, really wish that Pluem or Love might do something wrong to distract them from what happened this morning. And he is betting for it to happen real soon, before they have to go back home.

Staring at New biting on his eggs really elegantly with his mouth closed, his slim fingers gracefully cutting through, again Tay has to hold back his tongue to not comment on how pretty the omega looks while eating. Because, even though it is sunny-side, Eggs.

"I'll go pay first." Tay gets up, earning a nod from his partner. Heading towards the cashier, he almost cursed at the line, mostly because of the scents of the omegas queuing before him. He still doesn't like them. He realized New is an exception, which he initially thought was because the man is his mate. It came as quite a shock to him the moment he noticed he didn't actually mind the omega's family as well. So now, he concluded that what happened to him all this while was actually the bond changing him. By causing this kind of reaction towards other omegas except family. Granted, he was never fond of Asian omegas to begin with, but that is another story. He bet he will now feel as disgusted with the European omegas too. He is sure of it.

★★★

"Yah, Newwiee! Is that you?" New almost jumps as he hears a voice calling him from behind when he is finishing up at the urinal. Realizing it is an alpha, he instinctively hides his scent and pulls up his pants, almost running away before remembering he is already mated.