Chapter 6- World Crumbling

...-Thitipoom? Can you hear me? Mr. New Thitipoom?

Who?

...light. Check his heartbeat.

Urgh... bright...

He's all good. Let him rest a bit.

****

New furrows his eyebrow, feeling the bright light slipping in from his lid. He had woken up before but did not have the energy to open his eyes and fell asleep again a few times.

He can feel a gentle but firm grip on his left hand, and another on his thigh, encouraging him to try again. Despite being so tired, New makes fists and focuses all his energy on lifting his lids.

"-no?" He sees some colours. No, those are faces. Blurry faces, staring back at him.

"Unh..." The intrusive light is really hurting his eyes, his temple throbs as a response. It feels like an electric pulse just travelled straight to his brain, he feels like puking. Wanting the stimulus to stop, New closes his eyes again and turns his head away.

"Newwiee? You okay? You need anything?" The grip on his hand tightens. He recognizes the voice - Inn. Nodding, still refusing to open his eyes, New brings his free hand towards his mouth; hoping to suppress the urge to vomit. Unfortunately, the sudden movement only makes it worse and further induces his gag reflex.

"Newwiee, bucket." he hears a soft voice on the other end and turns his face towards the direction before finally spilling his gut out. He feels a hand rubbing his back, assisting him until he is done. Breathing heavily, New manages to fully look around, no longer feeling nauseated.

"Clean your mouth... don't drink it..." the gentle voice continues while handing him a glass of water. New nods, now able to relax. Waiting a bit, until he is able to put something in his mouth without triggering anymore vomit, he finally does as told.

"Is he okay? Should I call the doctor." Inn asks the other person. New glances over to the sight of a familiar pretty male - Gulf, Mew's mate. He can't help but wonder why the other is here instead of one of his other friends.

"No, he's good. It's just the drug effect..." Gulf answers, very confidently. Gurgling the water handed to him, New puts the glass away, ignoring the conversation he is not a part of. "I'll let them know you're awake."

Inn thanks the eldest and both the friends sit quietly. Not knowing what to say to the other.

"Newwiee..." Inn breaks the long silence, voice the softest he ever heard. New flinches involuntarily at the sudden sound, surprising even himself. The action somehow saddened the other, "Oh New..."

"Shut up you're being disgusting..." he manages a reply, voice hoarse, trying to laugh. Trying to. He has no idea why he is in the hospital. The last thing he remembers is... finishing his exams. And going out to celebrate. Did he get into an accident?

New looks at his hands, noticing the bandage on his left wrist, and a cast on his right. No wonder they felt weird and a bit heavy. There are two tubes coming out from his right forearm and other wires connected to his chest.

Heart monitor? Something bad must have happened if that is required. But he is awake now, and everything feels normal so he thoughtlessly pulls it off, throwing it away. Annoyed actually. The mere sight of the wires suffocates him. A pair of hands suddenly pull his shoulders into a warm embrace, the owner's face burying himself on his nape.

"I'm so, so sorry." He feels Inn shaking and warm tears falling onto his skin.

Why is he apologizing? What happened?