Chapter 12 - Panic Attack

After much begging and persuasion, Tay finally got some information on New Thitipoom. Joong is tougher than he thought. After finding out about his new crush that is the annoying Dunk Natachai, Tay had the idea to exchange information. But still, Joong seems to be protective about his P'New, much to Tay's displeasure. He also seems to be holding back some important details.

But any information on the guy is important so he decides to let it go.

Right now, he knows that New loves to read, and can most likely be found in libraries in the novel section, or in his cubicle which Joong refuses to tell where. And that there are two people he should watch out for - Mew, the main alpha who will most likely confront him if he messes with any of them, and Inn, the silent guy who will just go ahead and beat him lifeless if he dares to mess with New. And the latter seems more dangerous, despite him being only a beta.

Although he already does not like the beta, the one thing that he hates about that Inn guy is the fact that he dated New back in middle school, and they are still as close even now. Despite being exes. And the fact that Joong told him to not mind them acting weird together because they tend to be the only ones who get each other's jokes.

Irritating.

On the other hand, Joong also told him they are going hiking with the club in a few weeks. So that means, if he can only join that specific club and somehow manages to register for the trip before the deadline, he could be spending the three-day holiday with New Thitipoom. And Inn. And the other members. And bugs, and other little crawly animals.

But New will be there so it will still be worth it.

★★★

New peeks at his vibrating phone to see a message coming from none other than Joong. The young alpha asked to meet him in front of the Literature building where he found some benches. New wonders where that is because the only benches here are everywhere but in front.

After a whole lot of describing, he finally meets the man, still oblivious to his surroundings with his big headphones. "Hey, Joong. Why are you here?"

"P'New! Let's go to the basketball court."

"O...kay then. That was random but lemme just put my stuff back at the dorm."

****

Nothing is ever expected from this boy, and after not spending time with him for months, New cannot help but ponder upon how he manages to stand the boy's hyperactive antics. Like right now, when he wanted to follow New inside the omega dorm, and the next moment when he had his big disappointed face after seeing the empty omega basketball court that he insisted on going to.

"We're here. Are you gonna tell me what's up?" He gives the younger a look, half scaring him. Something is weird. "Tell me or I'll hit you."

"No! Okay. I thought my Bae was here and it turns out he's not."

"Your Bae?"

"Dunk. The omega?" He gave New the eyes as if everyone should know the omega called Dunk. Not satisfied with that answer, New crosses his arms.

"The blond? With the orangey scent and hot ass?"

"Okay now be less specific." Said New.

"We played together last match?"

"Ah... the medic team's player! Yahh!" He hits the back of Joong's head lightly. "You dragged me out here to play cupid?? And Bae Dunk should be in their court, not here!"

*But he's supposed to be practicing alone at the omega court!" Joong seems confused, but New only rolls his eyes in annoyance. What did he do to deserve this? "You think every omega in the whole campus comes here to play? Each part of campus has its omega gym dumb-dumb! Didn't they tell you that during orientation?"