Chapter 36 - New Lifestyle

Start from the beginning

"That's mine." Tay takes the ring from New and puts it on his left ring finger, grinning happily at the perfect fit. He then passes the other to his partner who again, tries to fit it on the same finger without success. "It fits on my index."

"That won't do."

"Is this really mine?" New glares at Tay accusingly.

"Heyy! It's even creepier if I knew your exact finger size, don't you think?"

"Well then I guess I'll just wear it like this then." New waves his hand in front of the alpha's face, beaming happily at the ring on his finger. It is a weird feeling, to be on the receiving end. Growing up as a male beta, he always thought he would be the one giving it to someone. But he doesn't hate the feeling either. Guess he is getting used to being pampered instead.

On the other hand, Tay is staring at the misplaced ring in discontent. He bought it specifically for it to be worn on the ring finger. Quickly pulling it off, he states, "We're changing the size. This thing is expensive."

To that, New just stares at him in shock, "The fuck you buy an expensive couple ring for a guy you just met for?"

"Because I'm rich and I'm crazy about that guy." Tay answers honestly. He was crazy about New then, when he first met the man at the lake. And he is still crazy about him now, despite all their differences. Tay bumps their foreheads together, ignoring the dumbfounded expression on the other. Then, he places a small kiss on those luscious lips, signifying the end of their first serious fight as an official couple.

Their situation is special, and their traumas makes it even harder for them to pursue this relationship, but Tay doesn't want to give up just because it is hard. And he knows New is thinking of the same thing, which was why he was anxious about the suitors instead of choosing to break the bond by force. New can if he wants to, the law is on his side, but he doesn't. Even in his desperate state, he chooses to endure it to be with Tay. And Tay too, wants to be with him. They just need to figure out a way to get over this together.

So they can grow stronger and remain together until they are both old and wrinkly.

Just adoring each other and driving each other crazy.

****

"Why do I have to wear it too?" The omega rests his head on the table, already tired after the long day. Tay insists on him wearing it on his ring finger, but honestly New doesn't see why he should. Tay is the one who needs marking, not him. He has the bond.

"It's not a couple ring if I'm the only one who wears it."

"It's not a couple ring. Period." New refutes, turning his head to look at the taller man who is now searching for something on the internet. He can see the alpha giving him a side-eye, probably annoyed at how much he resists on wearing the ring, but it is not his fault it doesn't fit. "People only need to know you're taken. I have your scent."

"Betas can't sense the bond."

"Yah, I'm not that attractive to get some random beta's attention. Also, betas flirt. And I'm not that friendly to entertain that. You should know."

The alpha smirks at that statement. Now that he thinks about it, it is true. He needed months before New actually gave him any attention, and that, also happened because he insisted on being around the omega. He is 100% sure New will not allow anyone else to do the same. So yes, despite how attractive New is, which he doesn't realize, he doesn't need the ring.

But then again, where is the fun in that?

"Not taking risks. I don't want another Inn Sarin."

"Hey-"