28. Inteqaam

That same evening a post reached the Rawte mansion which was collected by Vidya. She looked at the post which looked like a legal one and without thinking she walked towards Devansh's room where he sat oscillating his focus between his laptop and some papers.

"Dev" she slowly called him as she knocked on the door taking his attention. He looked at her instantly confused at her sudden visit.

"Yeh chitti ai hai, court se hai lagta hai" She spoke up passing him the letter which he instantly took from her hands. She saw him opening the post and reading it and ultimately the emotions in his eyes changing into disbelief, confusion and at last slight anger.

"Kaki Ma kaha hai" he asked her once he was done reading trying to keep his emotions in check.

"Atharv ke saath hai aapne kamre main" The moment she spoke up he nodded his head and walked out of his room towards his brother's aiming to have a conversation with her.

He walked inside the room not even bothering to knock and saw both of them talking something to each other.

"Kya hua bacha" Avantika softly asked confused at his sudden frustrated form.

"Court ne summons bheja hai aapke liye" He just answered her and she looked back at him confused.

"Aapko gawahi Dene bola rahe hai" he added looking at the confusion in the room.

"Par mujhese kya poochna bhala" She mumbled looking at him.

"I don't know but I want to know if you are hiding something that could create a problem in the case" he spoke and sighed when he saw her lost look and stif stance.

So there was indeed something!

"What is it Ma" Atharv spoke up as he held her hands trying to encourage her to speak. Dev was glad his brother spoke up for him, he was anyway upset and there was a chance he would end up saying something he shouldn't.

"But that is of no use Dev" She finally spoke up after what seemed like an eternity.

"Let us hear it Ma phir dekhte hai if it is actually needed or not" he finally sighed his distress out and sat in front of her holding her another hand.

Avantika sighed before she began saying everything she knew. Atharv looked at both of them, though the fact was somewhat surprising and shocking it was in no way problematic for the case. Atleast that's what he felt.

Dev looked on, his childhood was built up on a single lie. He felt strange with everything that happened after their brother came back but miracles do happen. He too shared views with both of them, this didn't speak much for the case but it could also serve as character proof.

Still not much for her to win the case. But then why would she be summoned. Was he missing out on something but then what. What is it actually that he was missing. There has to be something, Ms. Khurrana wouldn't simply do something with any reasons.

"Koi problem toh nahi hogi na Dev" she concerndly asked and he sighed again.

"I don't know Ma, not yet let me think about it" he merely said and she let out a resigned sigh. It was proving harder than she thought to revisit and relieve everything that happened during that time.

She didn't know if she was wrong by letting it out but she was so sure that she was feeling so light after saying it all, it feels like a big stone has been removed. Atharv too looked worried, he was having a feeling that he was living a life of films more than a reality. He could never believe everything that was happening could be a reality too. He just wished everything gets solved soon, no way would he would want everyone to get more hurt than they already were.