20. Alleged?

Abhimanyu sighed as he walked into the silent house during wee hours. He looked around and found just the cold air instead of anyone like they usually would. He sighed in distress, over the months he was too used to the warmth in the air and his mother waiting for him that he felt a gap somewhere.

The regret hit him hard, he shouldn't have said or done what he did, why does he have to be an absolute moran. But again words once said can never be taken back isn't that why people say to be cautious when you speak something. And unfortunately he didn't even had anything in his defence. No amount of reasonings could ever justify his acts. She was just looking out for him like any mother would, if only he had not been so impulsive in his ways and would have calmly dealt with her. She was new to everything, he should have taken it into consideration.

He was about to walk away to his room when he saw the light in the kitchen on and his feet automatically turned towards it and walked there when he saw a lean figure working in the kitchen and his eyes moved towards the watch before looking back at the figure.

"What are you doing here Devansh?" He asked softly too tired to even have a conversation. Dev looked up at him and sighed before silently pulling him towards the dinning table and walking back to the kitchen.

Abhimanyu closed his eyes it seems like he have one more person to manofy. It just made his mood a little bit more bitter as he realised that he just made one more person upset. How can he act so reckless each time that he end up hurting his loved once. They don't deserve this, they don't deserve this treatment, they don't deserve him. He was ready to do anything to growl, he was not right but then he couldn't lose them so easily.

He was still thinking about the ways he could make it up to them when a clinking sound made him look up.

He saw Devansh keeping two plates on the table and a frown instantly graced his face.

"Tune nahi khaya beta" he looked at him pointly. Abhimanyu can never take the whole playing with your health thing well. He believes that kids should always be kept full, it's just his definition of kids never matches with anyone else.

Dev sighed contemplating an answer. He was with their mother for a long time when Atharv walked in with the food. He left them there knowing his brother would be enough there not before strictly instructing him to have the food himself. Atharv ended up sleeping there with their mother. It's strange how when in moment the elders are the one who take care of their younger ones then in another moment the younger ones do that.

It was something no one could easily believe. That the people they have kept in the place of a hero can break too. It hurts to know that the people who have been your support for a long time now can also wither away. They can also cry and they can also need a shoulder. What was more strange to know even they can break or to know that this could have happen mant times before when they were too young to realise. Dev didn't know the answer for it but he knew one thing today: Anyone can break even if it was your hero.

He somewhere always knew that but he was just getting an idea of how that exactly happens.

"I was waiting for you to come bhaiya." He spoke up clearing the thoughts from his mind.

Abhimanyu looked away as the realisation hit him so hard that he was absolutely wrong. He thought no one would wait for him today and would be angry with him but he just realised how wrong he was. No matter what his family would always stand by him. They might fight or be angry but they would never stop looking out for each other. That realisation was somewhat overwhelming to him.

"Mumma aur Atharv." he silently asked back, composing himself.

"Woh dono so Gaye they are fine bhaiya" Dev spoke passing him the spoon which he gratefully accepted.

Asmanjash - Rawte Brothers Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें