5. Memories and The Fight

Abhimanyu hummed the song as he tapped on the steering wheel going back home. He looked beside him in the passenger seat to see his mother sitting, eyes closed facing towards the window. He looked behind the seats to see the boys fast asleep.

The smile increased and he looked back feeling the bliss with his little family. He stopped the car once they reached home. Avantika opened her eyes looking at her surroundings attentively whereas he turned slightly before patting Atharv in awakness.

"Itni jaldi subha hogayi Bhaiya" Atharv grunted rubbing his eyes not liking the fact that it was already morning.

"Nahi bacha Ghar aagaya chal ab room main Jake soja" Abhimanyu tenderly coaxed him till Atharv got out of the car and walked towards his room leaning heavily on his mother. Shaking his heads he then turned towards Dev who still looked like he was least bothered about the happenings and was busy dreaming. Abhimanyu sighed softly seeing the small smile which had graced his brothers face. He wished for him to keep smiling like that all of his life.

"Dev beta uth ja meri jaan Ghar aagaya" he again coaxed gently after all he just didn't know to be stern...

Dev turned his face around and kept sleeping again. Abhimanyu sighed before ruffling his dense hairs slightly and he noticed the smile increasing. Abhimanyu patted him again till the time he finally woke up sulking.

"Kya hai GSR aapka mere neend se aapki bohot purani dushmani ho gayi hai ab toh" Dev mumbled in frustration and Abhimanyu just rolled his eyes at his antics. He was so used to a cribbing Dev now. So he just got out from the car, opened his door and pulled him out of it forcefully this time though it Dev didn't even felt the pull for Abhimanyu Rawte could never hurt his kids even in his worst nightmare. Dev leaned into his embrace immediately. Even when he was slightly asleep his heart could register what his mind didn't at the moment. Their bhaiya was his comfort, his home.

Abhimanyu out of habit wrapped his hands around him and led him to his room and tucked him in. He wanted to leave the next moment but against his better judgement Abhimanyu leaned in and placed a kiss on his crown and Dev just snuggled even closer if that could have been possible.

Abhimanyu tried getting up but that just caused Dev's hold on him to tighten so surrendering he sat back on the bed caressing his hairs tenderly like he used to in his childhood.

There was a time when Dev stuck on him like a glue. Even when Abhimanyu acted like he hated it internally he felt happier and satisfied. In a way Dev was his balm which soothed his aching heart. He was the shield against his devil's who had a turbulent effect on him. He was the peace Abhimanyu wandered searching for. He was also the soft melody of his heartbeats which at a time beated just for him. Even though Abhimanyu learnt the art of acceptance one thing remained the same which his mind might try to deny but his heart knew. Dev was his child, his first child. Someone who made him feal the sense of belonging and the bliss of parenthood for the first time. His eyes turned slightly teary as he remembered the first time he had met the boy who turned out to be his ver soul.

Abhimanyu kept glaring at those walls. He don't wanted to live hear anymore. He was happy in his small room than this enormously large room. He felt lost here to say the least. Everything feels so different and that makes him feel to go back to his friends, his leftover extended family but he can't he was forced to stay back because his so-called mother didn't took her six years old child with her and now he had to act like a caretaker. There was a time when he claimed to be the best brother in the world but at the moment the boy was nothing but a chain stopping him from enjoying his life.

However he was glad of the fact that he haven't met the kid yet. Thanking God for the little mercies he walked out of the room but soon stiffened when he saw a little boy playing with his games alone. He looked around to notice if anyone was there but much to his disappointment the boy was...alone.