25. Peace in Darkness

In the disappointing solitude she sat silently absorbing the emotions that were pricking her at the moment. Avantika couldn't help but close her eyes and lean back on her chair as the pain in her became just a little more unbearable.

Somehow everything that was happening was getting harder for her. She never even for once had thought that her past would come back haunting in a way that she can no more run away from it. How is she even going to keep herself strong. Despite popular opinions she was not so strong to stand against such a blow.

Her boys were not just her pride,they were the reason she stood strong,she lived for. Her children were the only hope in the dark world she had. When the man she loved betrayed her her eldest was the one who stood up for her.

She was vulnerable and scared girl. On one end the guilt seemed endless that she had objected her own parents and walked out of her house and married in a house where she was not respected and the love they had soon went into thin air. She tried living for her son's, continuing in the hell hole but every attempt of her's went down the drain when the pain become unbareble.

What began as one slap soon changed into slaps. What was worst was she was scared to go back home and thought that it was her mistake on the first place. If only she understood she was not only trading her self-respect but only her child's peace she might have moved out sooner. The day when her childs security was questioned was the day she snapped out of her self-pity and then there was no going back.

She indeed have came a long way and never wished to walk through the same memories again but the way everything was coming back to her, she wondered how long would it take for her to finally break down. How long before she would actually let go all her guards and embrace her vulnerability.

She rubbed her face harshly. All three of son's were in pain and there was nothing she could do about it. How awful of a mother she was. However much she rubbed those tears they didn't chese as she sobbed trying to cry out her pain but there was no decrease to that pain.

After what seemed like an hour she finally composed herself when a knock brought her out of her depressing thoughts. She looked over as she saw Atharv walking in with a plate filled with food and sighed.

"Tune khaya beta" She instantly asked regreting not checking that before.

"I had Mumma ab aap kahvo" Atharv replied quickly. He was in no mood to dine that to alone but he knew that none of them could afford to fall sick and whatever it was they need to stand strong. They were in it together and he was positive that soon everything would be fine. He can't just wait for that day.

"Aur Dev usne liya" She threw her another question making him sigh as he was setting the small table in the room.

"Not yet but I will pass him the food aap khavo Ma" He softly whispered pulling her chair towards the table.

"Bhook nahi-" she tried to object but Atharv was not ready to take no.

"None of us can eat like that Ma and I am sure agar khaya nahi to him bimar padh jayenge"

"Usne bhi toh kuch nahi khaya hoga" her eyes filled up at that mention and Atharv had to blink his eyes.

"Mumma please I can't see you like that please khudko sambhal lijiye na I am not liking it"

"Ab yeh ansu pocho aur khana khalo" He slowly rubbed those tears away and passed her a bite. She slowly took the bite and mirrored his actions.

~~~

Dev continued flipping the pages but there was nothing which could help him with the case. He banged the book on the table being frustrated. He was not liking the fact that he didn't know what he needs to do next. The same mind urged him to think calmly but he was feeling too agitated to do that. There has to be something he can do, he knew what he have to do but the agitation was blocking him from thinking. He stood up annoyed at his moment of indecisiveness and walked out of the room towards the kitchen to drink a glass of water when he saw Atharv heating up the food and sighed when he looked at the time. It was way too late for dining.