10. Groveling Time

Abhimanyu knocked on the door shifting on both of his legs, fidgeting with his fingers, eyes casted on the shinning floor, minds racing with thoughts hating every moment of it. Who would believe that the devil himself was behaving like a naughty kid waiting to ask for forgiveness from his mother for something. Yes unfortunately the best businessman of the year was standing out of his mother's door waiting for her to open the damned door. Should he just kick it open. 

But then he was not Daya now was he?

Should he patiently wait for her to open the door herself and stand there silently till then.

But he do not have that much patience in him. 

The should he should he not disturbed him a lot as he took his phone and typed into the search bar and hit the search button once done.

How to convince your angry mother?

The option showed up pretty quick and Abhimanyu cocked his brows realizing that it was just not him in this world who have the very same query. He clicked on the random link and started reading it. 

Tip 1: Do not raise your voice and hear her with a constant smile on your face

He frowned as a response. The first half was completely alright but the second half would endanger him more. His mother would take him for having fun in his talk and give him one despite his age and overgrown size instead of forgiving him. He sighed almost imagining the lady highness's Mary Kom mode. Plan ditched. 

Tip 2: Let the rant and you keep nodding at them

He sighed thinking deeply about it. That did sound like a plan but what if she takes it for his disinterest. Women in his life atleast were really unpredictable. He could never wrap his hands around theri logics and sometimes even their actions. And even among them Avantika was the most unpredictable one and there is no way he was going to take a chance with her. 

He kept the phone back in his pocket getting no way out of the mess he himself walked into. He cursed himself for getting paranoid and staying so much stupid things. He took a deep breath and tried knocking again when the door opened and what he saw almost made him pluck his hairs out or even worse just bang his head on some wall. The room was completely empty which means he was clearly wasting his time at the wrong place. He walked out of the room almost banging the door. He had stopped the door and slowed down at the last moment. Avantika hates it when they show their anger on non living things. She takes it as a sign of disrespect.

And clearly he was not in mood to achieve some black points for himself just because he chose the wrong time be childish. Because clearly his mother has superhuman powers which made her understand or listen the smallest of smallest messes they ever did in their life. 

He walked towards the terrace the second probable place she would be and as expected he found her sitting on an arm chair, eyes closed leaning into the chair. He immediately walked towards her and sat on the floor and held her hands. He very well knew that she very clearly understood his presence. Somehow she always seems to do that. He sighed and kept his head on her lap and almost immediately her hands reached out to his hairs caressing them. He smiled that was why he fell for her each time. Even in anger she could understand his distress and keep her anger aside for him. He feel blessed to have her in his life. She and the boys was the best thing ever happened in his life in he do not include the most obvious extended family he got.  

"Can I get some slack cut down Ma" he whispered at her keeping his chins on her legs giving her the most innocent look he ever could muster. Avantika stopped herself from smiling, That babyish look suited him better than the rugged look he always adorns himself in. She caressed his stumbles feeling the slightly pricking feeling on her palms. She sighed her boy had a love for those stumbles and she clearly never understood why. Neither was he fan of beard nor a clean shave he always found himself best suited in the middle ground.