7. A Much Needed Talk

The high cold winds hit his face with the same intensity as his thoughts hit.

Devansh let out a gasp as he shivered in the cold breeze. His eyes shut tight, leaning on the railing tightly clutching it he let out a shaky breath loosing himself in those thoughts which was taking shape in his mind. He had left the room the moment he saw his brother coming inside knowing that he would be the better one and the one his younger one needs at the moment. But for a change he couldn't help but feel his presence beside him. The wind again blew harder and a shiver ran again when he felt a rough and warm clothing over him. He looked at the shawl over him and the person beside him before looking back at the wide night sky.

"Sona nahi hai kya" he heard his brother saying and he silently closed his eyes feeling the cold breeze yet again.

"Neend nahi ayi shayad isliye" He replied a small smile gracing on his lips. Abhimanyu sighed at his response.

"Bahar chalna hai" those offer finally made his eyes snap open. He pinched himself slightly to ensure if it was a dream. But then it really wasn't a dream after all. Their bhaiya really had asked him for a drive he couldn't think more than that. The smile increased on his face. He could only think about the time he was going to spend with his brother and in that he ignored the stoic and sternness in the tone he immediately nodded his head happily and Abhimanyu had to literally look away from him. 

The happiness on his face was the result of the desperation he felt. Was his way of keeping himself protected was too harsh on his child. Abhimanyu had a very bad problem that he could never make himself trust those people who had hurt him in any way. It was his self defence mechanism of not having anything with that said person and he was really successful but when it was his own child in that place he often found himself in dilemma.

They walked out of the house and sat in the car. Abhimanyu found himself zoning out again as he took the wheel in his hands. Often he had found himself looking at his phone in desperate need to call his brother but curb his desperation at the end moment. He was scared to begin with. He had seen too much of blood shed in his life that he was scared for his child's well being but above all it was the fear of losing him again.

Dev looked out of the window taking in the silent dark roads which illuminated under the street lights. The roads were common inside roads making them being the only over there. He looked through the side mirror only to see a car trailing behind them. Of course their bhaiya would have taken the security with him. He was really protective over them after the shoot out. He came out of his thoughts when he felt the car stopping as he jerked towards the front. He looked at his destination and a serene smile adorned his lips.

Without thinking about anything he got of the car walked towards the board attached to the walls.

Ashwini Narayan Orphanage

It was an outlet for them. A peaceful place where both he and his brothers found solace in. A vivid nights of those nights when they used to stay back here looking at those stars crossed his mind as he tearfully caressed the board removing the dust from it. He didn't dare to come here after he came back because this place would always remind him of the moments he had spent with his brother.

He closed his eyes and let himself flow through the memory when he came here for the first time only to find peace in the surrounding.

Dev looked around at the calm and serene placa and sighed before going back to his phone where he was doing something. Abhimanyu looked at his reaction and sighed hard at his unresponsive attitude. His eyes filled up, this was not the boy who ran behind him calling out for him. What can he give to get his child back. He wish he could protect him anyhow but he couldn't and that was his cross to bear.