4. Trap and Award

With worry at its top point she kept tapping her feet on the marble ground her hands twisting and turning in each other.

She sighed as the fears poked her conscience. Avantika kept waiting outside the door after she rang them, nervousness visible in her stature. It was utterly merculous in nature. She sighed again when the door opened welcoming the sweet natured eyes shining with politeness. The gentle calming smile put her at ease and Avantika instantly smiled at the young woman who was none other than his eldest's best friend and doctor Dr. Sitara. She had seen her a few times and being in the same profession have conversed about it but they were still not that close enough for her to come to her house without invitation.

"Aap yaha aunty aaye na andar aaye" she politely welcomed her to her small but comfortable heaven. Avantika walked in and kept her sandals at a side before walking into the hall where in one corner there were pictures of a loving family.

"Aap bethiye main aapke liye kuch lekar aati hoon kya lenge aap chai ya-" Sitara still conversed in her polite voice. She wondered what the elderly lady was doing in her abode but she could see the hesitation in those amber eyes. She was the first thing her friend had talked about once he came to her. And from what she knew Avantika Sethi was one admirable woman whose strength worked wonders in her life. She was an inspiration to her and somewhere she always remained of her own mother. So saying that she felt an emotional attachment would not be wrong.

"Paani" Avantika replied to her and Sitara nodded her head before walking away.

Avantika looked at those pictures which hung on the walls. The happy and lively family where there was only one thing she could see. Love. She wishes that one day her home could be filled with love. It still was but something felt really amiss. Something she couldn't describe. Her eyes suddenly stopped on a photo where a man nearly her eldest son's age smiled back at her. His chiseled face was a source of attention to any normal people. The smile made her feel, as if it hid something. Some grusome truths in them.

Avantika sighed, she need a tight sleep soon over working was making her to overthink a lot. She subconsciously looked at the photo again and this time something caught her attention. The twinkling pair of eyes, she have none that for a long time in her life. The eyes of....

"Aunty" Sitara called out to her taking her attention and Avantika who was startled for a second nodded her head before taking the glass from her hands and taking few sips.

"Wo mere husband hai RV I mean Rudraveer" Sitara spoke up noticing her lingering gaze on the photograph.

"Rudraveer Suryavanshi" Avantika asked her thinking something and Sitara just nodded her head still smiling. Avantika took a sharp breath as he realised that something was amiss between what she knew and what the truth was.

"Aap yaha aise achanak se" Sitara asked her open ended question and Avantika sighed shaking her head. She seriously needs a good sleep for she was thinking so much. He can't be someone she was thinking about the name could just be a coincidence. She kept back the glass preparing herself to talk.

"Wo mujhe Maan ke baare main kuch baat karni thi I didn't wanted to disturb your schedule isliye Ghar pe ayi thi I hope I didn't disturb you right" Avantika spoke to ensure if her decision was right and Sitara nodded her head again signing her to go ahead.

Avantika took a deep breath and told her about his sudden panic the day before. Somehow that didn't look normal to her rather it felt concerning. Just to prove herself wrong she thought to ask her. Sitara silently processed what she said and just let out a sigh in the end.

"It's not uncommon, Aunty he is taking therapy, ab tak uske body ko apne emotions ko let out karne koi source nahi tha because he never tried now that it is getting an outlet wo bus apne pressure niklne ki koshish kar raha hai. It is like it has much to talk about but it didn't have a mouth now that it has it is trying its maximum to talk. It's not worrying but what actually worrying is that he haven't still told much Aunty, it's been three months but I can guarantee that ab bhi bohot kuch Dil main daba ke rakha hua hai wo, he needs to let that out to calm himself aur jab tak wo nahi hoga he can't start afresh and without doing that umm things are just going to hard" Sitara completed her analysis and a silence occupied the hall as Avantika tried to grasp the information. She was getting desperate. What more is left, what is it that her child is hiding. She can't see that anymore, she won't stop him and ask him to tell her but the fear that she would end up hurting him stopped her.