27. Asmanjash

The drive back home was silent. Both the brothers had no idea what to say. Their hope badly failed and they do not even have any idea of what to do. The moment they reached home, Atharv walked off to his room to mourn alone.

Dev sighed as he saw his retreating figure. He was about to follow his actions and walk to his room when he saw Vidya kaki in the kitchen and remembered something.

If there was anyone elder and sane who was there during all the charade then it was her. He was small and no same elder was there at that time but she was there and maybe, just maybe she knows something that could help them with everything.

Despite his throbbing head he made his way towards her and smiled slightly when she looked at him passing a small smile.

"Kaki main aapse kuch pooch sakta hoon kya if you don't mind" he began playing with his fingers.

"Ha beta poocho na Jo poochna hai" She softly spoke up encouraging him to speak up.

"Bhaiya aur Mr. Rawte ke beech aksar jhagde hote the" He knew with what he knew. People might think that he lived in the same house then why wouldn't he know about it. But the truth remains he have no idea about this. Because no matter what or even during the time when they were emotionally apart their bhaiya had made sure he would never be able to witness these fights. He thought about his comfort something which his own father refused to think about.

"Hote toh the" Vidya sadly replied. That was the darkest period of the house. She didn't even wanted to stay there Avantika went but a little toddler stopped her from moving out. The fact that she would just pass a kid into the hands not even worthy of parenting did not sit well with her. She didn't have it in her to let anything innocent suffer without any fault of his.

Soon Abhimanyu joined back and her resolution of not going back strengthened.

"Kya woh bhaiya ki galti hoti-" He didn't even wanted to ask his question but he must also have to go to the roots of all the problems and for that he have to.

"Beta dekhne main toh yahi lagte hai par Mera man nahi mannta warna Jo ladka parya ke saath bhi samman se pesh aye wo apne hi baap ke saat aise kyu vyavhaar kyu karega, halaki wo aadmi baap banne layak hi nahi tha" She cutted him off and spoke up and by the end of it her tone turned scornful, something which always happens whenever she talks about these people.

"Why would you say that kaki" He had an idea but he wanted to know it from her.

"Are shuru shuru main toh juva karta tha, phir sharab peekar ghar ane laga yeh socha bhi nahi ke chote chote bache Ghar par hai, Ma biwi sab hai lekin nahi use yeh sab sochne ka kaha time hai use toh ayashi karne se fursat mile tab na" Her words just turned him more bitter if it could. What sort of person behaved so inhuman.

Moreover Dev hated the fact that for a long time Dev never really hated his father and somewhere craved for his love. But that was before their bhaiya came into the picture.

"Shuru toh aise hua tha ek din us admi ko apne hi gharbwati biwi ko gusse main itne zor se dakha mara ki woh toh bhagwan ka ashirwad ki Atharv Beta sahi salamat the" Unknowingly she spoke up everything and Dev froze at his place. He never knew the reason behind their parents divorce and now that he knew he just didn't know how to react. That man tried to hurt his brother not once but twice, how could anyone do that to his own blood.

Who was he even? A monster?

"Main toh sochti thi ki Avantika ne itna der kyu Kiya use toh usi din us admi ko chod dena chahiye tha jis din-" her abrupt stop was left unnoticed by Dev as he was lost in his own thoughts. Vidya Kaki look at him and took a relaxing breath when she realised he haven't really heard anything. She wanted to tell this but she can't do that without Avantika's permission.