17. Next Step

The silence in the air was extremely confusing to her!

Avantika frowned a smile tugging at the end of her lips as she looked around finding the three musketeers of her's but the only thing she could feel was silence.

And a silence was never a right sign for any parents because silence could mean only one thing to them- the sign of an upcoming tragedy which would slowly take them in whirlwind of storm from where without panicking or raising your bp is no way out.

She sighed removing the thoughts from her mind and walked over the stairs knowing a possibility of their location. She slowly pushed the door of the terrace and walked in only to see her three sunshines sitting on a mat in a round form muching on the snacks that was made few weeks back. She looked at them with disgust as they were happily munching on the oily food without being cautious. They and their affection for food always amused her. She stopped by at a side and heard them talking from a distance.

"Yaar bhaiya thank you so much yeh tasty khana Dene ke liye." Atharv thanked him as he ate those heavenly food. Dev hundred percent agreed to his words but was too busy to have the food to say anything. He just kept nodding to whatever they just said.

"Thik thik hai ab jaldi khana kha Ma ney dekhliya toh musibat ho jayegi." Abhimanyu shook his head as he rubbed his brothers mouth slightly in distaste. That boy was getting unhealthy eating habits which he could never digest no matter what.

"Are mumma toh khunkar sherni banti ja rahi hai right Big-B." Dev looked at him for a second before nodding his head not even hearing what he just said. Abhimanyu looked at him confused and Atharv in return discreetly winked at him and that's when he noticed Avantika their and slapped his face realizing his intentions.

"Aapko patah hai humne committee bulayi thi mumma ko code name Dene ke liye." Atharv continued despite Abhimanyu's words of wisdom.

"Aur patah hai what he had suggested." Atharv asked him and Abhimanyu looked at both his brothers and signed him to continue.

"DM dragon Mumma." Atharv announced and tapped his Big-B to agree who finally caught the tail of the conversation and was looking at him confused. When had he named her that, yes he had held the committee but that name was unknown to him too, he was about to ask him when he heard a gasp and looked back at their mother his eyes widening in pure horror.

He looked back at his brother knowing well what he was doing but hissed when a hand caught hold of his ears.

"Ish bhaiya aapko bhi sharam nahi ayi na apne bache ko phasane main how could you do that with ahh mumma yaar thoda dheere pakdo na dard ho raha hai." he complained to his brother but soon shrieked in pain as Avantika tugged at his ears.

"Mumma ko mumma oh dragon Mumma ya right now I get it." She sarcastically told him and Dev glared at Atharv for pranking him. Atharv was enjoying it but when he saw his Big-b hissing again he sighed, he can't see that maybe he just went overboard.

"Mumma main mazak kar raha tha he never said." Atharv spoke up honestly and Avantika passed him a very sweet smile leaving Dev's ears confusing him. Instinctively he fisted their bhaiya's shirt and his behind him.

"Woah genius mujhe toh patah hi nahi tha main toh buddhu ho na Jo mujhe patah hi na hoon key tune mujhse jhoot bola hai." Avantika said as he leaned in to whack him only for him to completely his behind Abhimanyu who held her hand for both of theirs protection. She can definitely end up giving them a mean whack.

"Pehle toh mumma inhe mar padni chahiye mujhe phasane main Inka bhi haath hai infact galti karne se zyada galti chupane wala bhi galat hai Mumma." Dev said annoyed rubbing his ears, she had gently clutched it but he can't help but dramatize it as usual.