9. Surprising Events

The home filled with warmth and aroma was the new reality of his life.

Abhimanyu walked inside the house as he saw everyone stacked up in a corner, their eyes hooked at the television, hands carrying the hot sizzling beverage they were sipping, sitting comportably leaning into each other and a smile graced his lips. This was his reality which he would love to savor with each passing minutes. This was the very same warmth which was making space in the beating organ in him removing all the negativity. This peace was what he had always been roaming around trying to find which he was now getting, in his brother's stupidiets and silly jokes, his mother's love and his family who believed in staying together.

He was unaware as his feet dragged him to them, his shoulders slumping down not in defeate but in the awareness that he is no more alone. There were questions unsettling him, truths pricking his new found sanity, unwanted silence taking him into the abyss of darkness but dismissing everything in a sigh he found himself wrapping his hands around his little family as the patches of yesterday seems to be unkwon to him. With each second his mind cautioned him of the upcoming daunting future if at all everything goes wrong but his selfish wish to have all of them for himself and keep dwelling in the moment stopped himself from moving apart.

A smile broke out on her face as Avantika immediately kept her coffee mug aside and engulfed him in her hug, cherishing every moment she had lost. She had lost too much of their life that even losing another second was a big no for her. This was her bliss, her heaven along with her son and no ordeal can ever touch her when she was with them. She was rest assured about that.

The boys moved away from there mother giving their bhaiya a much needed space before jumping on them as they shared a moment of peace in each other's company the moment testament to their healings.

"Aagaya tu mera bacha" Avantika gently called out for her eldest cupping his face and placing a kiss on his crown after which Abhimanyu mirrored her action. The boys made face on principle but smiled at last when she kissed their foreheads too.

"Bohot bhook lagi hai ma kuch khila do na" he softly asked for her and just for a second Avantika felt her smile dimming. Even when he was taking liberaties with her he hardly ever openly asked for something. She looked in his eyes searching for one small smile of sadness but sighed when she frowned one. Either she was over thinking or clearly he was great at hiding. Despite her mind cautioning her that the latter part could be the one which is true her heart refused to believe it or more like it was not ready to accept that he was hiding something large.

"Ha mumma bhook toh Hume bhi lag rahi hai wo mixture lekar avu khane ke liye" Atharv asked her and rushed off almost immediately when he saw her nodding. Along with him he pulled up his cribbing brother and walked away with him.

"Tum thik ho na beta" her motherly tender tone made his eyes soft as he snuggled closer to her searching for the much needed the comfort. The talk with Mrs. Rawte had kept him rattled. He knew that his life could not be that perfect or on highly happy mode something was up and he was proved right but he was not happy being right at the moment.

"I don't know Ma I just don't know" He softly whispered to her. Avantika held him more protectively her hold still tight and filled with love.

"Do you want to talk about it" She asked just once and kept her silence waiting patiently. Sitara had told her that patience was the key and they surely need it in abundance if they need to help them. She had told her that for her son to start speaking he need to accept the fact that they would never leave him. And they need to keep assuring each other of that fact. It hurts to know that her son was still unsure about everything but then she was no different too. Even there were days when she ends up seeing nightmares of them leaving her or something along the lines.