First night in the Burrow

Start from the beginning

"Oh dear!," she then whispered, relieved when she recognized Fred in the glow of her wand. She recognized his pajamas. They were the same ones he had worn when they all slept in the Great Hall last year. He smiled and closed his bedroom door behind him. "Just me."

„I thought you maybe wouldn't be able to sleep with all that noise. Guess I was right. We kinda got used to it, but I get that it's a bit creepy", he explained his appearing. Y/n shook her head. „I'm not scared. I already wasn't able to sleep before this thing up there started partying."

„Is that so?", he asked. „You wanna talk about it."

„No I'm fine", she responded. Fred looked at her with raised eyebrows. „You sure? I'm an excellent listener."

„When did you ever listen to anyone?", y/n crossed her arms in front of her chest. Fred rolled his eyes. „There's a first time for everything."

Then he walked straight into her room, without discussing it any longer. When she turned around she saw him jumping into Percy's old bed. He laid on the side and patted the free mattress next to him in invitation.

She hesitated briefly. Then she gave herself a jolt. He probably meant well. So she closed the door behind her, put her wand away and sat cross-legged next to him. „It's not a big deal."

„Well if it steals your well deserved sleep, it probably is", he contradicted. Y/n rolled her eyes. „You're not sleeping as well."

„Fair enough", he nodded. „But we're talking about you right now."

Y/n sighed. „It's just a little hard... Seeing you as a family. Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous. It just makes me think about my parents."

The night outside the windows was just light enough for her to see his broad features. He looked a bit perplexed. Maybe he was surprised by her honesty.

"Of course I love my aunt, very much. But it's different when it's the own parents," she continued herself. Fred thought about it, then grinned. "Mum would definitely adopt you, you could replace Percy now that he has moved out."

Y/n snorted disdainfully. "You don't think I wanted to have you as a brother voluntarily."

"Good", Fred replied immediately. She didn't understand. "Why?"

"Doesn't matter", he waved the words away with his hand. "Who actually knows about the situation with your family?"

Y/n thought about it. "Theoretically just Maggy and Olivia... and you. But also a lot of Slytherins. For example, I spent a lot of time with the Malfoys as a child, it was terrible there. But whatever, that's not something I like to talk about. Doesn't really help with making friends."

"Well, I didn't mind", he laughed. She tilted her head meaningfully. "You're also exceptionally clingy."

"Clingy?" he sounded a little indignant, but then laughed. She shrugged her shoulders. "Well I didn't jump into your bed..."

„Okay okay", Fred laughed even more. Then he changed topic and y/n was happy about it. He distracted her from her original thoughts, which helped her to become calmer.

She didn't notice how she fell asleep. But when she woke up the next morning, she immediately felt the strange arm under her head. She jumped up only to find Fred still lying on his side next to her. Why the hell hadn't he gone back to his own bed?

She bent down a little to wake him up. But then she didn't do it. Instead she just looked at him. He even looked a little cheeky when he slept. Not like most people who looked like cute little angels. Not Fred. His mouth had the tendency to a little grin even when he wasn't awake.

Somehow his hair had gotten too long over the holidays, so she almost automatically reached out to brush some of the strands away from his forehead.

"You can't keep your hands off me," he muttered into the pillow as her hand touched him. His voice sounded sleepy and a little deeper than usual. She immediately withdrew her hand. "Bullshit! I wanted to wake you up."

As an answer, he just pulled the blanket up to his neck. But she was serious. "You can't stay here! Your family will think badly of me if they find you! Please get up! Fred, please!"

"I've never heard begging, sweet," he laughed with a hum, but he still didn't open his eyes. She was about to get mad. But instead she just decided to run away.

But when she opened the door of her room, the next twin was already standing right in front of her, grinning. "So?"

"No!" Y/n replied with a hiss. She was sure George knew exactly what was going on. "Get him out of there!"

George didn't look like he had much desire to do that. She crossed her arms and looked at him sternly. "He is your brother. Your brother, your problem."

George immediately shook his head. "I don't think so. More like your room, your problem."

"George, please," y/n was pretty done at this moment. But then Fred climbed out of her bed all by himself.

"So?" George wanted to know again, this time he asked his brother. Y/n didn't have to look at Fred to see his grin. It was reflected in his brother's face.

"Cuddly, it was for sure", Fred then replied.

"Idiots, both of you!", y/n hissed. Then she dragged Fred completely out of Percy's room, went back in herself and closed the door behind her. This time she also locked it with a spell to make sure that no one could come in anymore. But y/n could only barricade herself until breakfast.

At least, she didn't have undivided attention today. Hermione Granger, Harry's and Ron's best friend, had arrived. She would also accompany them to the Qudditch Championships. Just like Harry, but he wouldn't arrive until this evening.

So y/n dared to turn to Fred briefly while Molly talked to Hermione. "Stop grinning so stupidly, nothing happened!"

He looked at her amused. "Maybe I'm just enjoying this wonderful day."

"Sure you do... Just don't imagine anything where there's nothing to imagine," she then replied in a whisper. She didn't know exactly why she said that. It sounded a bit nasty. But now it was already out.

Fred took it calmly anyway. He shrugged his shoulders. "I know, we're friends."

"Exactly," she nodded.