Chapter 5 Part 16: The Good, The Bad, And The Blackened

Start from the beginning

"W- what..." he muttered. "H- Hano Yoshiko... i- is dead?" I stared at the monitor. It didn't turn on. Alright, no one besides the killer has been here.

Truth Bullet 1: Body Announcement

"Well, not exactly." I replied. Arima stood up, angrily glaring at me.

"W- what do you mean!? Sh- she's clearly dead!" He yelled. I took a long sigh.

"I'll explain when the others get over here." I said. Arima stared at me silently, trying to think.

"Y- you're not gonna kill me?" He stuttered. I rolled my eyes, folding my arms and turning away.

"Don't test me." I replied. He stared at me for a couple of seconds, before racing back over to the other hallway. I kept my back leaned against the wall. After a couple of moments, Arima returned with Otani by his side.

"What's going on?" He asked. I remained silent in response. He paused, before taking a step over to the open door. He let out a small gasp, staring at the sight before him. He was speechless. Then, the monitor turned on.

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!! A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED!!! Please head to the office room in the hotel!" Ressa chuckled over the television. Then, the monitor shut back off.

"... she's... dead?" He muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Seems like it." I said. Otani remained silent.

"... I don't..." he started. He couldn't get the words out. Suddenly, Sugai ran down the hall, nearly smashing straight into the wall.

"DEAD BODY!?" He yelled out. He raced over to the open door, looking inside. He froze, before standing straight up. He remained silent for a moment. "Huh... a serial murderer has been killed? Ironic~" he said, grinning with a devilish grin. Even though he was trying to hide it, it was really obvious that he was disturbed.

"... what happened?" Kawata asked, stepping into the hallway.

No one said a word. I could already hear the agony he would soon face. Slowly, he walked over to stand in front of the door. He looked inside, and his face immediately went blank. And then, a sense of dread spread through the air. I nearly choked on how thick it had infected the aura of the room. It was far more powerful and painful to experience than I expected. I did expect a bad reaction from Kawata, but not to this extent.

"HIRANO!!!" He screamed out, running over to him. His breaths were heavy as tears ran down his face. He grabbed her by the shoulders, and started to shake her. "W- WAKE UP!!! TH- THIS ISN'T FUNNY!!!" He yelled, sobbing as he tried to desperately wake her up. I glared at him silently for a moment. To admit, it was very pitiful to see him screaming like that. But at this rate, the crime scene is going to be affected.

"Kawata, you're going to ruin the crime scene. We won't be able to find out who killed her." I said. Kawata froze, and after a moment, his face became a hot red.

"YOU DID THIS!!!" He yelled out, getting up from the floor. He started approaching me, a fury in his eyes. "I- IF YOU HAD JUST LET HIRANO'S SECRET GO!!! I- IF YOU HADN'T TOLD EVERYONE SHE WAS ACTUALLY HANO YOSHIKO, SHE'D STILL BE ALIVE!!!" He snapped, rapidly moving towards me. I groaned slightly, looking away.

"Actually... I lied." I said. Kawata's eyes went wide, as he stopped in place.

"... w- what?" He muttered. I groaned, looking at him. Now I have to admit it again. It's not easy to tell people the truth twice in a row. Or even at all.

"Hirano isn't Hano Yoshiko. I made that up on the spot to get suspicion off of me." I replied. He stood frozen, and the tears started up again. Jeez, has he always been such a crybaby? Kawata raced back over to Hirano, kneeling by her side. He grabbed her by the hand, holding it in his palm.