Them's the breaks, kid

*Outside the Owl House, Luz, her echo mouse(Jerry), Ava, and King are trying new glyph combinations. The first one shown is of a small whirlwind, the second one is a water fountain,the third one is a petrification. glyph that turns the Beefy Bob toy on top of it into stone, and Luz is then shown drawing a fourth glyph.*
Luz:(Finishes drawing the glyph.) Alright, maybe it's this one!(She activates the glyph, and a monstrous claw sprouts from it. Luz, upon seeing it, screams in surprise and backs up. Ava was going to attack it but suddenly Eda instantly bursts through the door, with her staff in hand, and destroys the claw, which turns into goo which splatters Owlbert, King, and Luz while Ava had hide behind Luz to avoid the goo)
Luz:Safe! (Both her and King wipe the goo off their faces.)Thanks, Eda.(she then sees that Ava was behind her) do you just...
Ava: uh...no...(Ava was about to run off but Luz suddenly grabs her and hugs her covering her with goo) ugh! Luz!
Luz: if I have to cover with goo so do you.(she then kisses her cheek and grabs her notepad and a pencil.) That was.. definitely not the one. (Crosses out the glyph on her notepad and labeling "NO" next to it.Eda picks up the petrified Beefy Bob and it crumbles.)
Eda:Eugh. (Shivers.) What are you doing out here?
Luz:I started going through Philip Wittebane's diary again.
Ava:Since our trip with mom, Luz found out that a lot of his margin doodles were actually unfinished glyph combos.
Luz:(Sighs and looks down dejectedly.)I thought maybe they could help with the portal door but... (The claw rises again but is swallowed by Hooty) no luck.
Eda:Maybe it's for the best. I don't like that you two are still thinking about that creep.
Ava: yeah but uh...(she glances at Luz)
Luz:(Sighs.) I know. (Curls up and pulls her hood over her head.) I just miss my mom (King looks at Eda and points at Luz.)
Eda:(Kneels down.)Let's take a break, huh? (No response from Luz so Ava walks towards her and hugs her)Maybe... I could tell you... a story? (Luz instantly approaches Eda's face with a look of curiousness while pulling Ava along)
Ava: whoa!
Luz:(Excitedly.) Like a backstory kind of story?
Eda:Yes. (Luz sits excitedly and makes Ava sit next to her as Luz grabs King and holds him in her arms, him holding Jerry the mouse and Hooty circles around them.)
Hooty:Hoooooot!
Eda:This is the story of how I met the coolest, baddest, kick-buttiest witch of all time: Raine Whispers.

*Cut to Young Eda holding a pack of flashcards in her hands; the first one says, "Things abominations probably shouldn't do." The second card says: "The Titan's five humors"*
Young Eda:Okay. Titan's five humors.(cuts to the two Clawthorne sisters walking but only their feet are seen; Young Eda is kicking a grudgby ball.)
Young Lilith:Hmm... Earth, bone, blood, bile and, uh... (Sighs.) I always forget the last one! It's on the tip of my tongue, it's...
Young Eda:(Eagerly.) It's... (Starts making a snake-like sound.)
Young Lilith:(Slowly.)Snakes...?
Young Eda:Breath! (Breathes on Young Lilith and laughs.)
Young Lilith:Eda, you have smilk breath. Gross!(Young Eda continues laughing and walks away. Young Lilith follows her.)Give me another question.
Young Eda:Alright, alright. On Scaburary 40th, the day Belos declared the Isles an empire... (Kicks the grudgby ball towards Young Lilith)Think fast!
Young Lilith:(Catches the ball with her hands in mid-air.)Eda, we don't have time to play around. (Hands her the grudgby ball and takes the flashcards.) Tryouts for the Emperor's Coven are just around the corner.
Young Eda:(Balances the grudgby ball on her head; chuckles and snorts.)Seven months isn't "just around the corner".
Young Lilith:Your turn. It's a half-moon, and you're mixing a leadfoot potion. What ratio of Blackroot Quills to Iron Ash do you use?
Young Eda:Is it a waning or a waxing moon? (Draws a spell circle in the air and a stem starts to sprout from her head.)
Young Lilith:Oh, uh, I-I don't think that matters.
Young Eda:Yeah, sure it does! (The two stop walking.)I-If it's a waxing moon, it's a 2-to-1 mix, but if it's a waning moon, the Blackroot Quills lose their umph, and you gotta double down to a 4-to-1.(Eda traces another spell circle in the air which makes the stem shrinks down to a seedling and catches the grudgby ball. She then plucks off the seedling and blows it away. Meanwhile, Lilith checks her notes.)
Young Lilith:You're correct. (Dejectedly.) On both accounts. Huh. (Walks to Young Eda excitedly.) Imagine us both getting in. We'll train together.
Young Eda:We'll prank together. (Takes the flashcards and tosses them in the air; but Young Lilith summons them and they go nicely into her hand.)
Young Lilith:We'll study ancient history together. (Eda twirls her around.)
Young Eda:We'll kick (Kicks the grudgby ball upwards.)butt together!
Young Lilith:(Catches the grudgby ball.)Help demons and witches together!
Young Eda:(Dances around a post.)Take over the world together! Nothing can stop the Clawthorne sisters! Our rivals shall be crushed beneath our feet! Even the Titan shall gasp in fear!(Young Lilith suddenly gasps.)Yeah. (Snaps fingers.) Like that.
Young Lilith:No! (Points upwards.) Look! We're gonna be late!(Young Eda looks upwards, just in time to see the minute hand of the clock above her move to 12. The clock bell starts tolling. Young Eda gasps, then jumps off the ledge and runs after Lilith, both rushing towards school.At Hexside, students are seen at the front of the school as Eda and Lilith run in. A couple of students are seen walking and sitting on the grass, one being Young Perry. At the stairway, Young Darius flicks an abomination ball into Young Alador's face, and both him and Young Odalia laugh.)
Young Eda:See? (Punches Young Lilith's arm.) We're gonna be fine.(suddenly a boy runs by the two Clawthorne sisters)
Young Oliver: coming through,witches!
Young Eda: Ugh! Oliver!
Young Lilith: are serious!
Young Oliver: sorry! Not!(he laughs and runs off.)
Young Eda: I'll get you back for this!(The school bell rings. A ring of fire suddenly appears in the doorway which bursts into a huge fire. Several students gasp and turn around. From the fire, out comes Principal Faust , and his neck slowly turns around as the fire behind him extinguishes. He then grabs a clipboard and scratches it with his pointy fingernails. The students start to hurry inside.)
Principal Faust:Detention. Detention. Suspension! (Scratches loudly onto the clipboard as a younger Bump walks over.)
Vice Principal Bump:Principal Faust, don't you think you're judging these students a touch... harshly?
Principal Faust:Not at all. These students are already late to being early, and that's a slippery slope.
Vice Principal Bump:(Nervously.)But if you keep expelling students, we won't have a graduating class.(Principal Faust's head turns around slowly with a crack. Bump winces and starts sweating.)
Principal Faust:I'm just enforcing school policy.
Vice Principal Bump:That you added to. Y-You expelled the captain of our grudgby team because his shoes didn't meet your "appropriately squeaky" regulation.
Principal Faust:(Unfazed.) Too squeaky? A distraction. Too quiet? Can't hear them. Can't trust them. Some students are... irredeemable.
Vice Principal Bump
None of them are beyond redemption. (Nervously.) I would stake my career on it.(Principal Faust's head slowly turns around with a look of curiosity once more with a crack when a flying grudgby ball starts attacking both of them.)
Principal Faust:What is that thing?!
Vice Principal Bump:Ow, ow, ow!