Lying witch and a Warden

*Open on a witch with green hair and a staff backflipping onto a cliff. She glares up at a large purple snake.*
Gildersnake: Foolish child! I could swallow you whole! (hisses)
Azura: Do not underestimate me, Gildersnake, for I am the Good Witch Azura, warrior of peace! (poses as wind blows her hair before dropping into a battle stance and holding her staff like a bazooka) Now eat this, sucka! (fires off staff)
Gildersnake: (while being shot) No! My only weakness: dying! (collapses)

*Back at the office,Luz was holding a doll of Azura and a green snake*
Luz: And that's the end.
Camila: The end of what?
Ava:of our book report.
Luz:(the snake hisses and bites the doll) I think We knocked it out of the park.
Ava: I agree.
Principal Hal: You two's book report is why you two are in here.(He gestures to the door, through which we can see two students running by screaming, snakes biting their heads.)
Ava: oh,look luz, I found where the backup snakes are.
Luz: Oh,you're right.
Camila: And what were you two going to do with this? (holds up several firecrackers tied together)
Luz: That was for Act Three closer.
Ava: That was the best part.
Camila: Mija, Ava, I love you two's creativity, but it's gotten out of hand. Do you remember why you two were in the principal's office the last three times?

*Luz on stage at an audition for Romeo and Juliet, holding a spork.*
Luz: O happy dagger, give me death!(Luz stabs the spork into her torso before tearing her dress, making several links of sausages fall out. Everyone else on stage screams and runs while Ava was laughing backstage.)

*Luz and Ava are sewing a pigeon head onto a squirrel's body, on a platform labeled "baby griffin".*
Luz: Now for the final anatomically correct touch...(she looks at Ava)
Ava:spider breath.(She opens the model's beak. Many spiders come out, crawling over her and the table. People scream in terror, throwing objects everywhere.)

*to cheerleading tryouts, where a girl does a successful backflip. Every other student applauds.*
Luz: You think that's an impressive trick? (throws her pom-poms to the side)Take a look at this. (turns around to reveal she flipped her eyelids inside out)Bleep, bloop, bleep!(Everyone else screams and runs, and it sounds like at least one person is gagging. )

*back to Principal Hal's office.*
Ava: ok,but if we are being honest, that last one,I didn't even do anything.
Camila: you flooded the school's bathroom the day after that.
Ava: Oh,yeah..Mmm. That was fun.
Camila: We all love that you two express yourself, but if you two can't learn to separate fantasy from reality, you may need to spend the summer here.(She holds out a pamphlet for Reality Check Summer Camp. Luz takes it reluctantly and Ava see it)
Luz: Don't worry, Mom. I won't let you down. (stands up triumphantly) No more weirdness!
Ava: I promise to do the same Mrs. Noceda.(The snake in Luz's hand suddenly jumps out and bites the principal. He falls to the ground with a yell while the snake hisses.)
Luz: That doesn't count, right?
Ava: I got to say,that was funny.

*Luz and Ava, are standing disappointedly in front of Luz's house.*
Camila: (comes out of the house)Oh! Oh, my baby and her friend! (hugs Luz and then Ava) Now, don't worry. Summer camp is only going to be for three months. You two will be so busy balancing checkbooks and learning to... appreciate public radio, the time will fly by!
Ava:(whispers to Luz) hey,maybe I can run fast enough to speed up time.(luz laughs)
Luz: But I don't like any of that stuff. I like editing anime clips to music and- and reading fantasy books with convoluted backstories.
Ava: Same with me.
Camila: Mija, Ava,your fantasy world is holding you two back. Do you two have any other friends? Other than each other?Real ones, not imagined or drawn or reptilian?(Luz drops her book, disappointed. She walks slowly over to the trash bin.)
Ava:(sighs) I guess I can see your point.
Camila: And don't worry Ava I already told your parents that you are going to summer camp.look girls Summer camp is a chance to make some friends, but you two have to try. Can you two do that?
Luz: Yes, Mom.
Ava: yes, Mrs. Noceda.(Luz puts her book, The Good Witch Azura, into the trash bin. Camila's phone vibrates in her purse.)
Camila: Oh. I gotta go to work. (kisses Luz's forehead and hugs Ava)Your bus is coming soon. Text me when you two get there. Cuídate mucho, mija y Ava. ¡Qué te vaya bien! (walks away)
Luz: Bye, Mom.
Ava:later Mrs. Noceda!(they watch her leave, then Luz gasps and rummages through the bin)
Luz:Where is it? Where is it?
Ava:here let me help,(she super speeds over to the bin and quickly digs through the bin.) I can't find it. Is it not here?!
Little Owl: hoots(Luz and Ava look up and see a little owl, Luz's book sticking out of the bag in his beak. It turns and flies away.)
Luz: Tiny trash thief!
Ava: Here,let me help you Luz.(she picks up Luz and super speeds them over to the owl but they pause when they reach a decrepit abandoned house, but the owl continues right inside. Luz stares at the house.) come on,Luz,it ok we just need to stick together.
Luz: ok.(they runs inside. The front door slams shut behind them, and the entire inside glows, visible through the windows and the holes in the roof.)