Reaching out

*Cut to the inside of the Owl House.Luz's phone is buzzing and charging. Luz grabs her phone while still sleeping with King and Ava.Luz gasps as She sits up and reads "Event Reminder With Mami". Luz stares at her phone, then ignores the event reminder.*

*Cut to the doorway to the living room, with Eda peeking on the corner with King on her head.*
King:Uh, feelin' okay, Luz?(Ava glances at Luz)
Luz:(Writing on a whiteboard.)I feel great! Today's gonna be a productive day of problem solving.(She grabs a scroll of a list, then shows it to Eda.)Look!
Eda:(Reading the list.) "Successfully build a portal  to the Human Realm"? "Learn every glyph combination"? "Figure out what Belos is planning and show him what for"?(she glances at Ava who just sighs)
Luz:(Digs through papers.)Look. I've already learned a new combo. Excuse me, Francois. I call it the safety hover!(She grabs Francois from King and sticks a glyph combo onto its chest. She then throws it in the air, and it floats right before it hits the ground.)
King:Ooh! That'll work great when birds try to fly away with me.
Luz:And I'm already on my way to building a second door.(Cut to Hooty trying to stabilize a wooden door taped to him, with a broom, a cinderblock, and a hammer near it. Hooty then sneezes, causing everything to come crashing down.)
Hooty:Achoo! Ow.
Ava: yeah...no,that was never stable
Luz:Uh, it's a work in progress. But look at this!(Luz grabs a Scroll out of her pocket.)
Eda:Did you steal my Penstagram?
Ava: yes she did.
Luz: No,I borrowed it because I've got a castle insider getting info on Belos. Willow gave me Hunter's contact. Hehehe.(Luz starts texting Hunter under his username, RULERZREACHF4N.)
Ava:he isn't going to want to talk to you,Luz.
Luz:(From text.)Are you good now?(From text.) Is Belos evil?? You can tell me!(From text.)Also hi!(From text.) It's Luz!(From text.Bat emoji, lighting emoji, flower emoji, plant emoji, and rainbow emoji.)
Hunter:(From text.)LEAVE.ME ALONE(Hunter sends a picture of Flapjack sleeping on his robe.)
Hunter:(From text.) sORry.wrong.person .,.
Eda:Hmm. You're avoiding something. Spill it.
Ava: yes she is.
Luz:(she glances at Ava)I am not! Maybe I am. (Lets Eda take her scroll back and sits.)Okay, I definitely am.(King,Ava and Eda surround her, Eda placing her old letterman jacket around Luz.)Every year, me and Mom have this little ritual we do. It's nothing big. I just miss her. That's all.(Ava glances at Luz knowing she wasn't telling them everything but Luz glances at Ava and just stares at her)
King:What you need is a healthy distraction from your problems. Like breakfast!
Luz:Yeah. Okay. I could go for a griffin egg.
Eda:Well, let us know if you need anything, okay?
Luz:I'll meet you guys in the kitchen.
Ava: me too.(Eda and King walk off.)
Luz:(Inhales, then sighs. She then looks at Ava) Ava—
Ava: Luz, you can't just brush this off...I know how important today is, for you and your mom and—
Luz: and right now I can't be with her so right now I just don't want to think about it.
Ava: Luz...(she hugs her making some tears appear Luz's eyes then suddenly Amity walks in the Owl House causing them pull apart and Luz quickly wipes away the tears)
Amity:Luz! Ava! I have a problem, and it could distract us all day!
Ava: Actually—
Luz:(Gasps as she covers Ava's mouth)Tell us all about it and don't spare a single detail!

*Cut to the Blight Manor*
Amity:Dad, look! It's the Bonesborough Brawl tonight. And since I'm finally old enough to participate, I- I was thinking-(Alador grabs a book made by Darius  titled "Abomination Creation" and looks at it with disgust.)
Alador:Ugh.
Amity:Dad!
Alador:Ah, Mittens! Didn't see you there.
Amity:Clearly. So do you think you'll be able to take me to the Brawl tonight?
Alador:No. Uh, tonight they're holding the Emperor's Coven tryouts in town. Your mother  already signed you up, and I've prepared a chaperone to make sure you get there safely.(Alador throws the book to a nearby Abomaton, then the Abomaton slices the book in half and picks Amity up.)
Amity:Aah!(An alarm from the Abomaton sets off, then Alador turns it off with a remote.)
Amity:You mean to make sure I get there. Dad... I don't want to go to coven tryouts. I wanna enter the Brawl, and maybe win the champion belt. Like you did.
Alador:I goofed off a lot back then. But you have a bright future and shouldn't waste it on that nonsense.
Amity:Uh, but-
Alador:You're welcome.(The Abomaton walks off while holding Amity.)