(𝐒𝟏) 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟐𝟎

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 the day we went to Savannah, we've been going back to what we called the 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝. Everyday at '𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟎' the sky turns red, the world around us turns lifeless and silent. The shadow monsters room around the place. Almost like a zombie movie, but with it not being '𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥' and i don't think they eat humans and infect them.

But, because Ashlyn heard them and calls them phantom noise we called them 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬. Within the first few weeks we found out we stay in that world- or well dimension, for 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬. Both the time in that place and in the real world stop.

This place doesn't seem to affect the real world but the real world affects it. It's a bit confusing. But, anything you do here such as move stuff and change clothes, doesn't affect us in reality and only in that dimension. We also found out, that we can't see our injuries or wounds from the phantom world. Although, we can feel them. We also, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 end up where we left off.

Shift

𝐈 then feel my surroundings shift. I slowly open my eyes, feeling dizzy. I look around, i realize i'm behind the seat Logan was next to and i see the others. Ashlyn then pushes Aiden face away and whisper yells at us.

"Duck!" We all duck down on one side of the last two seats. Logan, Ashlyn, and Aiden being behind the seat i'm at. Ben, Taylor, and Tyler behind the one across from us. "Still here?" Tyler asks Ashlyn as he sweats a bit. Ashlyn nods her head. "What do we do?" Taylor asks, i could sense the panic in her voice. Ashlyn stay quiet for a moment. "Maybe, we try to kill it?" I suggest. Ashlyn looks and me and nods.

Tyler looks at me and asks. "And how do we do that?" "..Maybe.. we kill it like any other human would be killed?.." I ask. "Yeah, we could have Logan shoot at it through the window." Aiden tells us. Ashlyn slightly glares at him. "No, guns are for emergencies only." "This is an emergency!" Tyler tells her as he raises his voice slightly.

Ashlyn sighs before she replies. "An emergency is like a swarm surrounding us and one of us it going to die. Besides, we don't have many bullets. So we need to try and kill it with our weapons first and have Logan as a backup." Ashlyn explains to us.

Ashlyn then tenses up and puts her finger up to her mouth. Everyone looks at her confused, i feel a chill run up my spine and realize the phantom was close. "..It's close isn't it..?" I ask her quietly. She nods. "Hide under the seats." She tells us in a whisper. We all nod and hide under the seats.

We could all hear the footsteps of the phantom. I look around at everyone nervously from my seat. Ashlyn was the closest to the bus entrance. Logan and Aiden were a few seats behind her. Tyler and Taylor were together in the middle. Ben being a seat in front of them. I was at the back. I looked behind me to see if i could find anything useful. I spotted a chain.

As i was looking behind me i heard something scrape on the bus floor. I immediately freeze. I look over to Ashlyn and my eyes widen as she looks back, the phantom being in front of her. I feel myself grow nervous.