(𝐒𝟏) 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟔

𝟏ˢᵗ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖.

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, now that introductions are done. Let's talk about our semester-long project!" Mr. Thomas said happily.

"Today you'll be choosing your group for the project each group should consist or 6-8 people." Mr. Thomas explains to us. I could feel myself tense at that. '6-8 people?.. that's a lot.. maybe i can work by myself.' I shrug. 'Yeah, this'll be fine.' I think to myself.

"Oh, and no one will be allowed to work alone." I then slump in my seat as he says that. 'He's some sort of wizard.' I think as i slightly grumble under my breath.

"The rest of class will be about the project, so go ahead and sit wherever you want with your group for today." He tells us, I awkwardly stay in my seat as i haven't interacted with anyone, really.

The boy next to me with blue eyes, Logan nervously gets closer. I look up to him and smile. "Ya wanna work together..?" I ask a bit unsure. He nods. "Y-yeah.."

I smile happily at him. "Well.. who else is gonna be our group partners?" He seems to sweatdrop, seemingly haven't thought that far ahead. I look around the room and see the set of twins. I gently pull on his sleeve.

"Come on i think i found our two other people." I tell him as i smile. I then lead him towards the twins. I wave at the twins.

"Y'all wanna work together?" I ask then. They looked at each other before Tyler started talking "N-" Only to get cut off by Taylor. "Sure! But, we still need at least two more people." I hum in agreement as i look around the room.

My eyes land on Ben, Aiden, and Ashlyn. I grin "I think i got the rest of our group." i tell them grinning. They then follow me towards the trio.

"Hey! Wanna work together?" I ask them, smiling. Aiden nods as he wears his usual smile i've seen on his face. "Sure." He says.

I smile, contently. "Let's form a circle so we can all sit near each other and talk." I tell them as i grab my desk and begin forming a circle as does everyone else.

We all then take our seat as Mr. Thomas continues talking. "Our main focus this semester will be on the history of Georgia's oldest city, Savannah. This will also be what the project is about, the topic you are going to choose to represent is stated on the rubric. Additionally, there is an overnight field trip to go along with the project!"

Once he said that i could hear people around the room get excited or moan and groan about it. One thing for sure, most started to whisper about it

"Of course it's optional, however those who attend can get extra credit for their individual grade. If your interested, the permission slips are on my desk and it includes everything you need to know. For the rest of the period, please choose what topic your group will like to present on. You've got twenty-five minutes so spend it wisely!" He tells us, smiling.

Time then goes by fairly quickly and we decide to exchange phone numbers for quick contact. I yawn as i put my desk back to its original place. I get my bag and throw it over my shoulder.

I walk towards the front of the class towards Mr. Thomas's desk to get a permission slip. As i grab one i see that Aiden grabs two. I raise my eyebrow in curiosity. Then i look in front of him to see he was following Ashlyn i then realize he got one for her. I smile and walk off.

The rest of the school day goes rather smoothly. As i start to head out the school front doors. I see Logan and i wave at him with a smile. He waves back as he gives me a nervous smile.

I head towards the school parking lot and i enter my car and smile happily knowing i got through the school day. I then drive home.

It wasn't a long drive home, my house was just a few blocks down. Once i get home i take off my shoes and lock my car and door.

I yawn and put my bag on the couch. I groan as i realize i have work later. I then get my phone out to put a timer for myself so i can get ready for work. I then lay down on the couch and fall asleep.

————
Word count; 712
April 8ᵗʰ, 2024
————

EDIT;
Word count; 785
June 17, 2024

————