(𝐒𝟏) 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒𝟖

TW; Mentions of semi-character death, blood/gore, and slight suicidal thoughts.

Reminder; If you do have suicidal thoughts, please tell a trusted adult or call a suicide hotline. Don't suffer all alone. You are cared and loved for, by people.

——————————

𝟏ˢ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖.

𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 of us look back in horror to see if my suspicion was correct. Unfortunately, it was.

It looked absolutely horrifying. It looked like a humongous centipede, just.. the face. Was not the prettiest sight ever. Big wide eyes, looking nothing but a void behind them. Mouth wide open, sharp teeth around its mouth.

We could see it wasn't far behind the jeep. We all grow anxious.

"..There's no way any of our lights are strong enough to do any real damage to that thing.." Tyler says as he clenches, and unclenches his jaw repeatedly.

I could feel his hand slightly shake. His grip never flattering from mine. Logan gets his sniper in position.

"S-should i try to shoot it?!" He asks, anxiousness evident in his voice as he stutters. He grips his gun tightly in anticipation.

"Not yet! We could end up attracting more!" Ashlyn tells him as she continues to look at the road up ahead.

I face the front and huge rock pillars up ahead. I bite my lip at the nervousness i felt.

"Ashlyn, we need to turn around! We're going to end up lost and run into more of these things!" Tyler tells her as he raises his voice slightly.

"I know, I know!" Ashlyn responds to him.

"It's getting closer!" Logan tells her. She grits her teeth. "Screw it!" She says and she swerves around the rock pillar.

The centipede seemed to follow behind us. It got increasingly closer. One of its legs slammed beside to the door Tyler and me were at. We all yelp in surprise.

Ashlyn grow more anxious than she already is and steps on the peddle to go faster than she already was.

"Is everyone okay?!" Ashlyn asks us.

"The door is banged up pretty bad, but none of us are hurt!" Tyler tells her as he moves closer to me and away from the door slightly, which causes me to move closer to Taylor, and Taylor closer to Ben.

The car jumps slightly as Ashlyn goes over tree roots. She goes around the bigger roots.

She then suddenly takes a sharp turn, causing her to go over a big root. All of us move from side to side. She steps on the brake and steps on the peddle so suddenly.

Me and Tyler hit the car door. I could hear a

𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤.

Next thing i was aware of, both me and Tyler are barely falling out the car. His hand tightly holds mine as he pulls me closer to him.

'..This..

this can't be how my life ends right? I know i've wanted to be gone since a long time ago but.. like this? No.. no not like this..' I think to myself.

I extend my hand towards Taylor who was looking at us with wide eyes. She extends her hand, our hands barely brush against each other. "TYLER!! (YOUR NAME)!!!"

Taylor shouts out for us. Me and Tyler fell out the car. The both of us slide across the ground. I groan at the pain, my lower back getting most of the hits.

I could feel tears start to build up in my eyes. We fall off the cliff.

'Is this really how it's gonna end?

..no..

..No..

No..

No.

No!

NO!

If i'm going to die, i'd rather it ends on my terms.' I think to myself. I glance at Tyler.

'..But.. he has Taylor to live for. What do i have to live for at the moment?' I then ponder at the question for a moment. '..I... I don't know..' I grit my teeth and hold Tyler close to me for a moment. I then glance at him.

"Hey, Tyler, i just want you to know.. I'm sorry." I tell him. He glanced at me with wide eyes full of confusion. I could see the tears in his eyes. "..What..?" He asks.

I only give him a small smile for a moment. I hold him tightly before i pull away and push him away from me.

His eyes widen in horror. "Do forgive me at one point.." I tell him with a gentle smile.

"(YOUR NAME)!!" He shouts my name loudly. He lands in between two trees. I felt something snap from under me.

I felt a horrible pain coming my from my lower back and mid-abdomen.

The tree from under me snapped.

I couldn't move my lower body. I felt a liquid in my mouth, it had a metallic taste to it. I could identify it as blood. It slips from my mouth.

'Maybe this is for the best right? Tyler will be okay. He'll be able to be with Taylor. Taylor won't have to breakdown knowing her brother was injured badly. I won't feel guilty because i know i did what i can to save him.

I hope everyone will be okay. Yeah.. they'll be okay. Logan, Ben, Taylor, Ashlyn, Aiden, Tyler. Thank you. For making me feel like i do belong, and for being there, and well.. for everything. Though.. i did wish i could see them even if it was one last time. I guess the world truly is unfair. Hopefully this'll all be over when we wake up.' I think to myself for what seems the last time.

I felt my eyes start to close. All i could really feel was exhaustion.

The last thing i could see before i closed my eyes was the blood red sky.

Season one, finished. ✔️

————
Word count; 954
May 18ᵗʰ, 2024
————

EDIT;
Word count; 972
June 20ᵗʰ, 2024

————