inches in between us

Pov: you're Max's Teammate (Max is 17 and you're 16)
(Ik it's unrealistic, just pretend)

------------------------------------------------

Backstory: You know Max since your karting times and you were good friends, but only friends. Finally you two can race in the red bull team for the formula one. The first race went well and Max got a p3 podium and you got a p7.

Story:

"You two did so great!", Christian said and hugged each of you. The other people of the team got a hug from you aswell and you had an interview in a few minutes, so Max and you went to the driver's room, to bring there your helmets, gloves and balaclava, so you needn't carry it.

You were earlier changed than Max and waited for him, to come out of his room. "Oh, how long have you been standing there?", he asked with an expression mixed of seriousness and confusion. "I don't know, for 2 minutes?", you asked confused. Max just nodded and you went off, to get to the interview.

The fans were crowded behind the barriers, that formed a way for the drivers. "Max!", they screamed, "Y/n!", too. You were so excited and you blushed at every positive comment. After you took photos, signed caps, pictures, shirts and cards, you walked on, to arrive on time.

You had two interviews in a row, one in front of the fans, the other one in a closed room.

"Max, your first podium, in your first race! How do you feel?", the interviewer said to him. "I feel great, I'm so happy!", you just bend forward, to look past the interviewer and smiled at Max. "Y/n, you're the youngest driver and a woman! You scored points! How do you feel?", he yelled in the microphone.

You were always very scared to talk to people and in the formula three, the Interviews weren't with so many people, so you tried to answer without saying something stupid.

"Uhhh, I feel great.", you said quietly. Max bend backwards and from the corner of your eye, you could see his hand move up, to signalise you to speak up. "I feel very happy, it's such a cool feeling! The cars are so much different to the f3 cars! It was a great experience!"

Oh no! Why did I say it WAS, it is would be better, never mind.

"Why it was? You will continue driving, won't you?", he said again very loud. "Of course I will, I'm just so nervous, it's hard to find the right words.", you said and bend down, to look at your shoes, even though you knew, they were laced.

"Max, what do you think of that young girl as your teammate?", the interviewer said and you frowned at him.

He was only one year older than me and he was a minor too, he didn't even have a license to drive a car.

"First of all, I wouldn't say, that she's just a young girl, I'm only one year older, so, yeah. I like her as my teammate, she's kind, funny, couldn't imagine someone better."

From those words you blushed hard and your cheeks started to burn.

That was so cute! You thought.

"Y/n, what do you think of Max?", he asked and you were still so red. "Uhh, I like him too, he's so funny, he always makes me laugh", you smiled at the interviewer.

"Okay, now back to the race, how was it in that car?"

Max: it was a different feeling, it has more power, more force. It's definitely harder to drive. It was fun though!

You; yeah, I can only agree with Max, the formula three brakes for example are way more easier to press down, these in the formula one cars, are way more heavy.