"This isn't his first spiral?" I asked.

"No."

"How didn't I know?"

"Annie was good at keeping it a secret. She'd clean things up and make sure you and Kinsley never saw the bad, she wanted you both to grow up loving your father. Not despising him for his behaviours." He said and I laughed.

"She was good but I don't think we got past the not despising him but." I said with a smile, Colton smiled back.

"No you didn't. I'm not going to ask you to continue like everything is fine because it's been a lot. But I'm hoping we can find some normality in all of this." He said softly.

"I want normality too. I miss my girlfriend if anything." I sighed.

"I know you do. I want you to go to therapy tomorrow, in the morning, is that okay with you?" He asked me.

"Yeah it is."

"Okay, it might not be with Malorie, someone new. She's amazing I promise, she's the only emergency therapist I could find." He said.

"And Malorie?" I asked him

"You'd still have your normal sessions. And if you like this one more, then it's a bonus and we can look into moving you permanently." He said and I smiled back at him.

"Okay."

"Now, anymore questions?" He asked.

And I had one, how did he get my dad to keep quiet? There was so much yelling and then out of no where there was silence.

"My father. There was yelling and then there wasn't. How?" I asked him.

"A very different conversation for another day kiddo." He said with a warm smile while I chuckled.

"Okay, I'm going to play princesses and tea party's for the next hour. Go outside. Take a coat. Have a walk. Decompress and call your girlfriend." He said.

I smiled at him and thought about how I'd get to work back into normalcy. Seeing Valentina on a regular basis. But I need to be better first. Work out of this hole.

"I've actually got plans with birdie. Is it okay if I go?" I asked him.

"Of course. Go, we'll see you later." He said.

I hugged him bye and grabbed my coat and headed to the park.

I sat on a bench for a bit before Birdie appeared.  She looked good as always.

"Letty." She said as she smiled at me.

"Hi B." I smiled at her.

"How've you been the last few days?" She asked me.

"I've been okay." I say.

The last few weeks have been so much for me, I've been overwhelmed, underwhelmed and everything in between. But I wasn't going to say that when it comes with a bunch of questions. But I feel bad because she is my best friend.

"You've been missing school a lot." She says as we sit on a bench nearby.

"Yeah, I've had somethings going on." I say to her. It's not the truth but it isn't exactly a lie.

"Does it have anything to do with you like dating Valentina now?" She asks me and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"It's just ever since you two officially began dating, I've hardly seen you because you're always with her. Especially the last three or so weeks." She says.