Chapter Thirty Four

✧

I don't know what the hell went on last night but I know something is wrong. Luca isn't usually this skittish about things and suddenly I can't seem to get him to calm down. He always has this worried look on his face but when he notices me staring, he pushes it away with a smile.

He's fast asleep in my arms. His head is buried in my neck as I hold him close to my chest.

I love having him like this. I love him being in my bed.

My hand roams over his back, a t-shirt sitting on his body. I listen to his calm breathing as his fingers are gently resting on my shoulders, lips tickling the skin on my neck. I feel my eyes flutter shut for a moment, I could definitely get used to this.

Waking up on Sunday morning with the one person who makes you truly happy in your arms. Knowing that they are so comfortable in your space and company that they put their complete trust in you.

It's a warming feeling. It can never be replaced.

I brush back strands of blonde hair from Luca's face so I can look at him for a few moments. He's so peaceful when he sleeps, lips slightly parted and his fair lashes twitch every so often but he is like an angel.

My head leans in and I press a kiss to his forehead. I don't want to wake him but I can't help touching him, kissing him. It's inevitable when he's laying down beside me like this tucked into my embrace.

I can't help myself. Of course he wakes up.

Luca stirs from his sleep and grunts gently. His eyes are still shut but he squeezes them together. He's probably exhausted from leaving the house in the middle of the night and fretting about whatever is on his mind.

Slowly he cracks those light blue eyes open. He groans, groggy from his comatose sleep.

"What time is it?" He grunts.

I kiss the top of his head again, letting it linger for a few moments. He sighs and nuzzles his head back into my shoulder. "Just past nine," I whisper deeply.

"Mmmm," Luca smiles into my collarbone. "I love your morning voice."

Laugh rumbles from my chest. "You do?"

He peeks those blue eyes up at me unexpectedly. "Yeah, it's sexy."

Then of course he blushes. He has no filter on what he says but the way his body reacts is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. We've been dating for a while now and he still becomes flustered over the smallest things.

"Do you want to talk about whatever is going on with you?" I ask.

Luca avoids my gaze, placing his head against my shoulder and tucking his face under my jaw. He shakes his head and I sigh quietly. "It's nothing," he murmurs.